Chapter 2

Eliza's POV

"How long a run is it if I run there?" I usually run to the other states in America. It was faster than plane or train or car.

"About 2 hours for an average wolf. But for you, it would be about an hour in total." My dad answered. I nodded.That would still be okay. I'm pretty sure that pack can hold them off for an hour.

"I'm leaving now." The sooner I left, the better.

"Alright, dear. Take care." I smiled at my father then went into the forest.

I didn't bother with clothes. I shifted into my wolf immediately. My wolf is pure white in colour. White wolves were rare, and they were faster, stronger than any other wolves, even Alphas. All our senses were heightened. Adding my Alpha blood, I was amazing. My Dad's words, not mine.

That was why my father said that I would only take an hour to travel. I was faster, far faster, than an average wolf.

I broke off into a run. I needed to get to Texas as soon as possible.

I dodged trees and jumped over logs, sprinting towards the direction of Texas.

Pretty soon, I reached my destination. The sight before me was not pretty. Then again, rogue attacks never were. Bodies of werewolves, strewn all over the place. Blood, all over. There were only about 50 werewolves left fighting the rogues. They were losing badly.

What the rogues did to this pack sickened me. I lunged at the first rogue I saw, and killed it instantly. Gasps were heard all around as they recognized who I was. The rogues started advancing towards me. I killed many of their kind. I was their #1 target.

 I analyzed my situation. 25 - no, 30 rogues filled the area. It was a bigger group of rogues than usual. The one standing right in the center was running towards me, full speed ahead. I dodged. Just as I did that, another wolf, attacked me from my side and bit me. Hard.

These rogues were good. Far better than I imagined.

I let out a groan in pain but recovered quickly. The rogues used my pain as an advantage. One of them charged towards me and flung it's body onto me, right on the spot where I was just bitten. I held back another groan of pain, not wanting to show weakness.

I've been fighting rogues for years. I knew their techniques well enough to know, that this wolf was a distraction. If I didn't act fast, I would be dead. I jerked my body forward. He still stayed on my body. I turned my head as far as it would go and bit him. He whimpered before falling onto the ground.

1 down, about another 19 more to go. I locked eyes with the closest rogue. My next target. I pretended to aim for his front leg, then changed my mind and bit him in the neck. The thing about werewolves is that, their necks were fragile. Bite them, and they're as good as dead. I smirked in victory when I saw his body hit the ground.

Another one down.

I heard another wolf sneaking up from behind. My head snapped in his direction. I bit down on his and flung him across the area. He hit a nearby tree with a loud thud.

The fight wasn't over yet. In fact, it was far from being over. I clawed at the next wolf. My razor sharp claws dug into his body. He groaned as he tried to escape from my grasp. I released him, then let his body fall to the ground. I snapped his head off and moved on to my next victim - a black wolf. He wasn't too big nor too small. He didn't look like he was hard to defeat. But I was always taught not to underestimate my opponent.

I lunged at him, growling loudly. My wolf was getting angrier by the minute. We hated rogues with a strong passion, and these rogues, they were stronger, faster and more persistent. They were getting annoying. I dodged every one of his attacks and swiped him a couple of times too. After a minute or two, I heard the sound of his body go limp as it fell on the hard ground.

There were still a lot more for me to kill, and for the first time ever, I doubted my ability to kill them all. Usually, I'd finish them without a fight. But it was different this time, as I mentioned before, they were better and far more skilled than any other rogue pack. They required more effort, and more skills.

I came up with another plan - one that might help end the fight faster.

I had to find their leader. Finding their leader wasn't all that tough, for he stood out amongst all the other wolves. He was bigger, more muscular and had an aura of power radiating off him. I snarled loudly at him, grabbing his attention almost immediately. His head snapped to my direction, staring at me with pure hatred. He growled, and advanced towards me.

I prepared myself to bite him, trying my hardest to aim for his neck. I never got the chance to, before another wolf tackled me to the ground, in attempt to protect his leader. I tried to wiggle my way out of his death grip, but failed to.

He bared his sharp teeth at me, and lifted his paw, ready to hit me. I closed my eyes, bracing myself for the impact. It didn't happen. Instead, I felt the weight of his body being lifted off of me. I turned my head and saw a dark brown wolf, fighting off the wolf that tackled me just now. He gave me a look that said, "I got your back."

With that, I advanced to the leader, or in other terms, the alpha. I turned my body quickly, and ran towards him. He barely had any time to react before I bit his leg. He was obviously in pain, but tried not to show it. His eyes held only one emotion - anger. He ran, and bit me back. But he bit me in the spot where it was most fatal to wolves. The neck.

...

Another short chapter, sorry. I wanted to get this up ASAP.

Once again, thank you so much for reading, it means so much to me :)

If you liked this chapter, please vote, comment and fan!

Also, check out my other book - Mate if you have the time.

~Claudia xx