Keeper of the Queen - III

"You are just a legend. Stories my mother told me when I was a child. Nothing more than a legend." She whispers to herself. I guess it must be hard for her to comprehend, but she'll have to live with it.

She has to.

As she stands there she looks entirely like a doe, caught in a predator's sight. She suddenly looks like she wants to flee, to run. Run from me. The beast growls angrily at the thought. He starts clawing angrily at my barriers trying to break them down.

"Then why do I stand here before you? If I'm just a legend?" I ask him trying hard to keep my expression indifferent. I still can't let her in, not until she's safe.

I take a step closer to her, in hope that it'll calm the beast down. As soon as she sees me stepping closer to her, she yields back in fright.

When the beast sees her reaction he roars angrily and starts pacing, the thundering of his paws makes my head ache painfully. His constant growling makes me more irritable than usual. I feel him pushing my barriers trying to break free, which makes me on edge. I have to use all my power to keep him in the back of my head.

"Don't come near me, beast!" she shrikes clearly even more frightened by my continuously darkening expression. I can't blame her but in my angry haze, I can't see the logic in her fear. The beast keeps growling and roaring, each one more furiously than the last.

She sinks to the floor chanting some unknown words; she chants them over and over again. Closing her beautiful eyes tightly.

What bothers me most is that I can do nothing to stop it. I roar angrily at my powerlessness.

She lets out a shrill shriek. The opens her eyes wide and looks at me with fear in those blue pits. Her hair cascades over her shoulders and covers half of her face. She desperately tries to hide behind her blonde locks.