Chapter Fourteen - Unedited

This book is now available for purchase on Tapas! Please download the app (https://tapas.io/) available on both Apple and Android and search for the book to support it!

~

Chapter Fourteen

"Kaloua! Nadi!" I call out, relief filling my voice.

Kaloua sits up, 'Belle?'

"It's me, Kaloua...I'm here..."

He moves away, 'No! No, no, no! You didn't swear the oath, did you?'

I shake my head, 'Of course not, you doofus. I found you on my own,' I leave out the part about possibly risking my life to walk down the path of fate. Literally.

He moves closer to the gate, 'Well, am glad you found me, because I have been so worried that the king might actually get Snow to kill us,'

'Snow?'

'Yeah, he caught her as she was trying to run away. That's the only reason he managed to get us here. How else do you get two fully grown dragons under ground and into a cage?'

I think about it then laugh softly, 'I honestly didn't think about it because I was too worried about you,'

'I am more worried about Nadi. She was punished and torchered pretty badly...'

I look at Nadi and see worry etched into Christian features as he looks at her too. Her wings are torn in places, and are laying limply at her sides. Running across her once delicate looking cheek lays a long cut, which will definitely end up a nasty scar. In fact, she has lots of them, all over her body. Her eyes have lost their defiant sparkle.

"Is she going to be okay?"

I see the pain that Nadi must be feeling replicated in Christian's eyes, "I...I don't know. She's in a lot of pain."

I move closer and Nadi narrows her eyes at me, 'Don't come any closer.'

'Why not? I thought we were over our little disagreement.'

'We are...but...' Nadi looks up at me sadly, 'The king made Snow curse me, to be programmed to kill you, and he didn't do it to Kaloua because he knew that your bond would break the curse. If you come within a meter of me, something takes over and makes me want to kill you.'

I stay where I am and turn to Christian, "We need to find a way to get them out of here...they couldn't have made it in the same way we came."

He nods, "I know, but this room doesn't have any other ways in or out."

I look around and realise he is right. The way we had come in was gone and there is no other holes. In fact, the entire room is pretty much perfectly smooth. I move over to the wall and touch it, the flawless rock feeling like liquid under my fingers.

As I move around the room, I begin to loose hope. We might just be as trapped in here as Kaloua and Nadi are. Suddenly, I hear a popping sound and rush to where it is and see a portal thing forming and grab Christian, pulling him into the shadows as the King and Snow step out of the portal.

"And it seems that your smart little dragon heir still hasn't found my hiding place." the king snickers happily to no one in particular, since they all have faith in me.

"She will find them, Arthur, have no doubt in that." Snow snaps with spite rolling off her tongue.

"I don't doubt she will."