Chapter Sixteen - Unedited

This book is now available for purchase on Tapas! Please download the app (https://tapas.io/) available on both Apple and Android and search for the book to support it!

So I put a photo in the multimedia section...check it out. I was looking through dragon photos for some odd reason during a boring history lesson and came across it. I instantly though, 'Hey, that could be a scene from when Arabelle and Kaloua were still in hiding!' What do you think?

Belle xxx

~

Chapter Sixteen

"Monte!" Zana calls and a boy, about my age, runs over. I can tell he has to be related to Zana because he looks identical to he, but has sandy blonde hair instead of bright red hair, "Go and prepare my healing herbs. We have a major wound here."

Monte nods, "I'm on it!" And he runs off.

Zana walks me towards a small hut and pushes aside the hanging vines that conseal the inside of it. She moves me towards an uncomfortable looking 'bed', if you could even classify it that. I sat down on it, and I could have sworn it was made of rock or something awfully similar. Zana makes me lay down as Monte runs back into the room, holding a bag of something,

"Here it is, mother."

Zana takes the bag from Monte and opens it, nodding in approval, "Good work, you got it right this time. Go and fetch me some water too, while you're here," she looks up at Christian, "You go and make yourself useful by helping him."

Christian grumbles but does what he is told and follows Monte outside, while Snow is beside me. She strokes my hair then says quietly,

"I am going to go and see if I can fix Nadi's injuries...the flight didn't improve her situation."

I nod, then as Snow goes to leave I call out, "Oh, and try to remove her curse! It is something about wanting to kill me if she comes too close."

Snow nods and rushes outside, leaving just Zana and me in the room. Zana smiles and adds the small amount of water she currently had to the mixture that Monte had brought to her,

"So it has begun?" She asks quietly, lifting my dress over my head and sees that I have a corset on. She scowls and I put the dress over my chest, then undo the corset so she can access my wound.

"What has begun?" I ask simpy as she begins to apply the thick mixture to the deep wound.

"The battle. It has begun, has it not?"

I shake my head, trying not to move too much, "Not - ah - yet. But soon."

"My soon," Zana questions, "Do you mean a few days, months...years?" She sounds weiry when she said years, as though she is hoping sooner.

"I think soon. Most likely as soon as I am recovered."

Zana just laughs, "Oh, Arabelle, I don't think you'll be beginning the war as soon as your injuries are fixed."

I frown, "Well, why not?"

"Well," she points to my side, "that's why."

I bend around to look at my injury and see it is rapidly healing, as though the herbs just made the whole process speed up. "Huh."

Zana stifles a chuckle, "Yes, so when did you say you were going to begin the war?"

"S...soon." I stumble, still shocked at how quickly my injury is healing. I sit up and realise that I don't have any clothes to wear, since my dress had a hole in it. I am about to say something to Zana when she walks away and opens a chest, pulling out some chain mail armour designed for a woman,