Chapter 12

"Thank you," I say as the super sweet waitress sets down my plate of shrimp alfredo. 

She places Kyle's steak and baked potato in front of him before replying "You're welcome, sweetheart." In her thick New York accent. 

After she walks away Kyle faces me and begins talking about his plans for college. 

"I'm thinking about going to MIT." He declares. 

"That's a good school," I reply while taking a bite of my food. 

He begins to ramble on about how he visited the campus. I nod while he speaks because he gives me no chance to input my opinion. 

"They have a really big library." I finally interject. 

"I know right! I could spend hours in there just reading. I love that they have lounge chair in the library too. You can just grab a book and chill-" He goes on and on. 

I begin to tune out. As I glance around the restaurant I find my favorite person of all time. The love of my life, Brielle, sitting a few tables away with Zendaya, If you haven't guessed yet, I'm being sarcastic. 

A snap draws my attention back to Kyle.

"Did you just snap at me?" I ask, feeling slightly disrespected. 

"Yeah... Sorry. You just seemed a little distracted." He says apologetically. 

I decide to let it go and I tell him that I saw Brielle.

"She is annoying honestly." He admits.

 "I don't know how guys can stand her." I mutter.

"She really gets obsessed during relationships and at first guys love it but then it gets a little overbearing."

"That makes sense," I admit.

Kyle then changes the subject again to the future.
----------
Luemas POV.

I grab my math homework and the textbook as I get ready to go to Elle's house for tutoring. 

Following my mom's example, I searched the kitchen for something to give her in exchange for the help. I find leftovers from the last dinner I made for myself and cold cuts for my lunches.
I then turn my attention to the cabinets and look for something that could possibly count as a thank you. 

Dust.

Stale crackers.

After staring long and hard at the nearly empty cupboards I finally see it.

I can use what's left of the cocoa powder combined with the small block of chocolate to make brownies.

Glancing at the clock I realize I have about 45 minutes to make this happen.
------
I'm sorry these chapters have been so short. But, I'm trying to update at least once every two days so bear with me.
It'll get good next chapter.