Chapter 20

Elleag POV

Heat rushed to my face as I realized what had just happened. 

I kissed Lou. 

I initiated the kiss with Lou.

He kissed me back.

It was perfect. 

My entire body was on high alert. I feel my skin tingle and the heat spread from my cheeks out to my ears. 

"That was- perfect..." Lou whispers through the darkness. 

I slowly nodded but realized he couldn't see me.

"It was." I finally responded. 

RIIINNNGG

 "Fuck." Lou exclaims. "We missed an entire period."

"Shit." I groan. "Well it's not like my mom is ever around enough to care."

"Same. I'm not even sure if my parents remember I exist." Lou mumbles. I feel him tense up.

"Oh. We should leave before it's too late." I decide, slowly pushing open the closet door and peeking out. The bright light forces me to squint to see. I notice that only a few people are in the hallway and they're walking in the opposite direction. 

"Let's go." I whisper, gently pulling Lou out the closet with me. 

I run my fingers through my hair and pretend to act natural. 

"Hah. You just came out the closet." I say, giggling to myself. 

"Hardy har har." He responds sarcastically. 

"What period is it?" I ask.

"Last period." He responds calmly. 

"Let's go to English." 

As we begin to walk to our English class, I notice Lou begin to reach for my hand. But before he can even reach it, Dean walks up to us. 

"Hey! Are you feeling better?" Dean asks, clearly concerned. 

"I'm feeling a lot better. Thank you." I respond, smiling up at him. 

He wraps me in a quick embrace and gives me a quick peck on the cheek before leaving. 

My eyes widen a bit as I look over at Lou's blank expression. 

Oh my gosh... He's going to think I'm a hoe... I think to myself. 

I decide to ignore what happened and continue to walk with Lou to English. The tension seemed to thicken the longer we walked. Luckily we only had to walk for a minute. 

I slide into my seat and realize that Lou will be sitting next to me the entire period. 

I look over at my friends for help. Yaz winks at me, gesturing to Lou. 

I blush, remembering the kiss.

I look over at him and find him furiously writing in his notebook. 

Well, someone's not happy. 

I take a risk and reach over to poke his arm.

He looks up at me with the same blank expression from before and responds, "What?"

I hadn't realized how rude I sounded when I responded like that. 

"Why are you mad?" I nervously ask.

"No reason at all! I mean, the girl I like, who I finally admitted it to, was kissed right in front of me right after we kissed!" He whispers, clearly annoyed.

I stare at him. Speechless. He has a point.

"It's not my fault, but I'm sorry. If it helps I prefer you over Dean." I finally respond.

"Elleag and Leumas!!" Mr.Davis bellows. "Pay attention!" 

I stare at my barren desk with a red face. I awkwardly reach into my bag and take out my notebook and being doing the do now.

Just as I finish the paragraph we were instructed to write, the phone rings. 

Mr.Davis talks into it for a bit then tells Lou, Yaz, Jess, Princess, and me to go to Mrs. John's office. 

"What's up with you and Lou?" Yaz asks quietly as we walk to the office. 

"I'll tell you later." I respond. 

In Mrs. John's office I see Lexi, Destiny, Kyle, and a small girl girl crying into a guy's arms. I recognize the guy as Nick from my math class. 

He looks enraged as he rubs the girls back protectively. 

We enter the room and shut the door behind us.

"Kyle, seeing that you refused to comply with me. I have taken it upon myself to notify the local police of your behavior and seeing as you're eighteen, you will be charged as an adult for rape and assault."

"What!" Kyle yells. "You can't fucking do that!"

"Yes I can. I already did. And watch your tone in my office." 

"Make me watch my tone!" Kyle shouts as he grabs a vase off the desk. 

I feel Lou's strong arms pull me behind him as everyone watches to see what Kyle will do next. 

"Put my vase down. Don't come in my office and think you can disrespect me." Mrs. John says in a voice that sends shivers down my spine. She stands up and stares Kyle right in the eyes. 

A wicked smirk spreads across Kyle's face. I watch, frozen, as he lets go of the vase. One finger at a time. 

First his pinky.

Then his index finger.

Then his middle finger. 

And finally, his pointer finger. 

The vase seems to fall in slow motion...

 I squeeze my eyes shut as I wait to hear a shatter. 

I wait but it never comes. Instead I hear a crack. But it doesn't sound like a vase. Maybe it was something thicker?

I open my eyes to see Nick holding a red stained vase and Kyle laying on the floor. 

Before I can process anything, two large police officers walk in and haul Kyle away. 

-----------------

Hola!! 

Hope you guys like this chapter. I'm sorry I didn't update in a couple days. Time keeps running out on me... 

I got some feedback from some awesome writers on here (xtoverus and JohnnoPayne) and I might be changing my cover again. Depends on what you guys think, and I'll be switching between POVs a bit less so there's more tension and suspense. 

I also made two new friends. StoriesforGurls madmosille 

This may be the last you guys see of Kyle. 

Or not. 

WHo knows?

VOTE

COMMENT

Love you guys 

xoxo