Chapter Thirteen: Phase of Insanity

Just like what I wanted, the rumor train has left the station. The word that Erin was what caused the riff between Gray and I spread around like wildfire. This disappointed a lot, because people thought that we were the ones holding the leash for each other.

They have this impression that if we broke up, we'll start going for other people and that meant that we might break some relationships along the way.

Please, we're not that bad.

Nonetheless, I'm enjoying the sweet and slow misery it brought Erin.

Now I just have to step back and enjoy the show. Gray wouldn't be pleased with this and so will Evan, but right now, I'm blinded by pure anger.

The whole team was cackling about it during practice, finding this game as fun as I did. Because we were able to get into the next round, we had to create a new routine. Even though I was injured, that didn't mean I can't bark orders at them.

Alpha bitch? Yes, I am.

I just sat there on a foldable chair, instructing them on the choreography. I was still a little hung up with the show that happened during lunch so I was still light with the practice. They were already planning what prank they'll pull off tomorrow and the more ideas piled up, the more they got excited.

Well, if the dear lamb dared to go to school tomorrow.

I did tell the girls to make sure that I don't see her tomorrow. From the water bottle scene, I'm ninety percent sure that my request will be granted.

When I arrived home, that was the only time I checked my phone. Just like I suspected, I had tons of text messages and missed calls from Gray. Scrolling through them, I paused when I saw a missed call from Evan and a message telling me to call him when I can.

Biting my lip, I locked my phone again and carefully set it down on my study table. Why is it that the second guy to trust me is the brother of the girl I'm currently fighting with?

He probably heard the whole story from Erin already. He's waiting for an explanation and I know for myself that I can't lie to him. What excuse can I say? I simply want to make his sister's life miserable because of my stupid want for the bad boy.

Sitting on my desk chair, I groaned as I ran a hand through my hair. I should really be regretting this right now. But I've dug a hole for myself already, might as well jump in.

I opened my laptop and logged onto Facebook. As I scrolled through the news feed, there were posts from my schoolmates about what happened earlier. I even got tagged on a lot of pictures with me dumping the water bottle on Erin.

Remember those cheerleaders from the other schools? They were actually empathizing with me, even going as far as complimenting me with the classic dumping water trick.

They don't know the whole story, but what they got was that Erin forced Gray to cheat on me. It was the usual perspective and because of the fact that we have this slight friendship, another girl entering into my scene was not something they find acceptable.

As if dumping a whole bottle of cold water over her head was acceptable.

This is when you realize that this world is incredibly screwed up.

My phone started vibrating and I looked at the screen – it was Gray again. Reaching out a finger, I rejected the call before turning back to the computer screen. I should really do the good thing and diminish the rumors, but who are we kidding?

I'm going through the phase of insanity.

I did my homework, skipped dinner so I wouldn't have to handle even a few minutes with mom and Will before I proceeded to bed.