Ch 13 - Ira Tsar

^^^❤️❤️❤️

That link again:

https://www.swoonreads.com/m/six/

😘😘😘

*****

"Where are you going?" Nigel asked me as I stormed towards Margaux's office.

Now when was the last time I did that?

Ayah saw me coming and immediately got up to stand in front of the door. "She's not here."

"Then why are you blocking the door?" I asked her.

"Because you're about to do something you shouldn't do," she replied.

"On that note, you know not to stand in my way," I told her.

She sighed. "Look, Margaux isn't here and that isn't going to change."

"Then you'd better find a way of getting us back online," I said with a glare.

"Xander, what are you up to?" Aziel asked.

I turned to face my best friends. "We're going to get Nadia back."

"We're supposed to work with the E's. They're in charge," Nigel reminded.

"Not anymore they're not. We're getting Nadia, and we're leaving today," I said fiercely.

"Ok! You know we're on board regardless of the consequences, but why are you so adamant to get Nadia back all of a sudden? Especially since you've just watched your girlfriend leave with two people you're not particularly fond of," Mordecai questioned.

"Bringing Nadia back is the first step in understanding what the hell is going on with blossom," I replied.

"How?" they all asked, Ayah included.

"Zuri pointed out something important to me. Nadia is the last person I spoke to before the cabin blew up, and she told me to leave the cabin, except I was already out. How the hell did she know that the cabin would blow up?" I asked.

I watched as understanding dawned on them. "Do you think she had anything to do with it?"

"I don't think she does, but I'd like to believe that she knows who was behind it. The only way to confirm anything is for us to get her back," I pointed out.

Ayah sighed. "I want to help, I really do, but I can't get you back online without Margaux's authorization."

"You don't have to."

Our heads turned towards the voice and I was shocked to find that it was Zuri. She'd dyed her hair blonde from the brunette colour we're used to. She looked emotionless, and it was obvious to tell that she's out for revenge.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"My father was a major player on the Cypher board, and he had his own resources anyway. I'll supply everything that you need to get Nadia back. This way, Cypher can't punish you because this isn't an official mission," she explained.

"Where have you been?" Malachi asked her.

"Franco was helping me deal with losing my father and gaining my inheritance. As you know, I am my father's only child, and since my mother disappeared on us, he left everything he owned to me. Franco helped me to understand what that meant and what comes with my new inheritance," she replied.

"And he didn't want anything from you?" Mordecai asked unsurely.

"Of course he wanted something, but luckily for the both of us, what he wanted was something my father used to have a use for, but that I couldn't care for, so I let him have it in exchange for his help and loyalty. Now, are you leaving or not?" she asked us.