The Beginning

Tony Winchester sat on his friends bed his brown hair spiked up, green eyes shining brightly in the torch light. The eight year old innocent boy sat with his best friend listening to his ghost story, scaring him to death. It had been a regular day, he went to school, Dean went to preschool, only being 4 and Sam their 6 month old little brother stayed with Mary at home. They were only down the street from his house.

Sirens blared in the distance, coming closer.
"What's that?" They both look out the window, only to be met with orange light from the house at the end of the street. The winchesters house. Tony ran out the door in his PJ's, his legs taking him as fast as he could go. His hair danced in the wind and his breaths got heavier. The only sounds he could hear were the sirens and the thumping of his heart.

When he finally reached the house, he could see Dean cradling baby Sam in his small arms protectively.
"Where's dad?"
"Inside."
" Stay here!" He called behind his shoulder as he raced up the stairs into Sammys bedroom, seeing his fathers silhouette. Walking in, he caught a glance of bright yellow eyes before they disappeared. Thinking it was his imagination, he looked up to see the horrifying image of his mother stuck to the ceiling on fire, blood oozing from her stomach, staining her white gown. He stood helplessly as his father dragged him away by the arm. He felt the heat of the fire exploding as they jumped out of the burning house.

They get up, tears streaming down Tony's face. John gathered his boys in his arms and hugged them tightly, sadly informing Dean of his mothers passing. Leaving the younger ones to the side, John gently guided Tony away from the increasing crowd.
"Don't tell them how it happened. Not yet."
"What was that dad?"
"To be honest Tone, I don't know. I'll call uncle Bobby in morning. Until then, we'll crash in a motel."
"But-"
"Tony. No buts. We'll find out what did this to your mother. Together."
"Promise?"
"I promise." John said this, his voice muffled by Tony's hair as he hugged him once again.
--------------------
12 year old Dean stood by the window in a crappy motel room watching his older brother getting taught to drive the impala, his baby. He jumped back as the door opened and Tony marched in alone.
"Where's dad?"
"He's gone and won't be back for a few days Dean."  Tony turned to Dean and grabbed him by the shoulders looking down at him.
"Dean, listen. I'm not taking the impala. She's beautiful, but you care about her a lot more than I do. You can have her, but I get to drive her when I'm around. Got it princess?"
"Thanks Tony." He punched him, "and don't call me princess!"
-------------------
"Come on Dean, Sam."  The 20 year old led at the front, while his 16 and 12 year old brothers followed. He glanced back at his dad's sleeping form on the couch and grabbed the impala keys, hopping in the drivers seat. He drove to a deserted road and hopped out.
"Tony? Why did we stop here?"
"Yeah! I thought we were going to the beach." Tony grinned and put Sam in the back seat again, dangling the keys on his finger in front of Dean.
"Seriously?"
"Come on, I'll teach you."
20 minutes later, Dean was in the car driving professionally.
"Nice!" He fist bumped Dean as they got out of the car. They both lent on the car, Tony drinking beer, Dean drinking soda.
"You're legally not allowed to drink that."
"Shut up Dean."
"But-"
"Dad said I can so zip it." Dean eyed the bottle. "No. You're not going to try it."
"Come on man let me try it!"
"No Dean! You're not having beer."
As the elder brothers argued, they didn't notice Sam trying to slip away. He opened the boot to hide in it and his eyes widened at the sight before him.
"Tony! What is this?" They looked at Sam and his heart jumped to his throat. He wasn't supposed to know. Not now. Not for another 3 years.
"Sammy, come sit in the back." He closed the trunk and hopped into the drivers seat, catching the worried glances that Dean threw at him.

When they arrived back at the motel, John Winchester was not happy. That was the understatement of the year.
"Dad? What are all those things in the trunk used for?" At that, Johns face reddened with anger.
"Dean, Sam in your room. Now!"
The 2 scurried off to their room- not that it did much, they could hear every word that was being said.

"Not only do you take the impala, you let Dean drive and you let Sammy see the guns!"
"He loves that car dad! He's been waiting to drive it since he was 12!"
"I was going to teach him eventually!"
"When?! When where you going to teach him!?! Between you hunting for days, weeks or even months at times!"
"I would have made time!"
"He's 16 dad if you haven't noticed! Ever since mum died you changed!"
"You dare-!"
" Yes I dare. It's consumed you! I've stopped it from consuming me!"
"I'm a great father!"
"Really! The last time you did something fatherly with us was teach me driving. Other than that I was a hunter. You taught your 9 year old son how to shoot straight! How to fight! I haven't had a home in 12 years! I haven't been to proper school in 12 years! Why do you think I began refusing hunting!? I needed to take care of Sam and Dean- which I might add you know nothing about! I wanted a normal life! Now, I think I will."
"What?"
"Bye dad."

With that, he walked into the room to the sad faces of Sam and Dean.
"Tony, please don't go. I need you. Sammy needs you." Tony smiled sadly.
"Dean. You can take care of yourself and Sammy. But if you do need anything, if you just want a chat, I'm there for you. Just give me a ring."
"Bye Sammy." He quickly hugged his brothers and walked out with his packed duffel.
----------------
Throughout the next 8 years, Tony saw Dean and Sam occasionally, giving them a taste of a real family. He saw John 3 times throughout those 8 years and it usually ended with arguing and Tony walking out. He pursued is career as a cop and was there for Dean when Sam left, and congratulated Sam on getting into college, happy that his brother had a shot of a normal life, but he should of known better. Once a hunter, always a hunter. When Jess died, Sam got dragged back into the hunting business. After he got a job at NCIS, he stopped going hunting with Dean or seeing Sam, he kept on a regular basis with them through the phone and sometimes visited Bobby, occasionally taking hunts in the DC area. He also kept track of their aliases and sometimes made some for them. He kept record of all their phone number and all of his fathers in case anything came up. Now at age 32, he hasn't seen Dean or Sam for 4 years.

Hey guys, this is set in season 1(ish) of supernatural and season 4(ish)of NCIS.