43.

I found the solution to my problem in Padmè. I flew to her balcony and entered her home. She came rushing down her stairs.

"(Y/N)?" She questioned.

"Padmè, I need a favor." I said, uncomfortably.

"Of course! What can I do for you?" She smiled kindly. Oh how I hated lying to her.

"I need a pretty dress." I rubbed my neck.

"Really? Why? I don't see many Jedi in pretty dresses." She laughed.

"I'm going to be going on a mission soon, I need to act as a mans wife." I rolled my eyes, trying to be convincing. I hated lying.

"I hope not to General Windu. He's far too old for you." She winked, I cringed, "Here, lets go upstairs and you can see what you like." She got excited.

I followed her to her closet. There were many dresses of all colors and designs. I was amazed by how many she had.

"You know, I've always wanted to see you in a dress." She smiled, "Please let me help." She started looking through her closet, I sighed in relief because I had no idea where to start. I haven't worn a dress since I was a child.

"This one would look beautiful on you." She smiled, taking it out and giving it to me.

"Thank you." I said, holding the flowy gown in my arms. I knew I didn't need a traditional gown just a dress instead of my Jedi getup.

"Put it on." She said finally, "I must see you in it before you go."

"Oh-um, I guess so." I agreed. I had enough time to do that. I went to her bathroom to put the dress on.

When I finished, I looked myself in the mirror. Whoa. I looked so different. This is what I might've looked like if my family was never taken apart. If I stayed in my mothers footsteps like she wanted.

The dress was from my neck a soft yellow, then as it flowed down into a pink and then a deep purple or blue near my feet. The shoulders and back were open. Silver cuffs held onto above my elbows with ribbon holding the fabric to continue down down past my wrists. It was elegant and beautiful unlike my Zygerrian attire which was far too out of my comfort zone.

I let my hair loose. I felt so free in this dress. I walked out of the restroom so she could see me. She gasped when she saw me.

"Twirl for me." She said, holding her hands to her face, "You look so beautiful. When is this mission?" She asked.

"I have about a week. I wanted to get this out of the way." I said, focusing on the dress.

"Who is the lucky man that gets to pretend to be your husband?" She smiled. She always got so excited for me if I had a liking for a boy.

"General Skywalker." I said. I mean again I'm not lying, he will be my husband. Just not.. Pretending.

"Ooooh! That'll be fun. Will you get to kiss him?" She winked. I forgot I had told her I had a crush on him when I was her protector.

"Probably not." I rolled my eyes. "You know we both made a commitment to the order. Nothing will happen." I said.

"I know, I know. A girl can dream. He's a very handsome man, I really do understand your attraction. He's grown up so mature." She said, pulling some of my hair away from my face. She grabbed my padawan braid and pulled it up and around my head like a head band. She pinned it beneath some other hairs.

"There. Now you're done. Simple, elegant. He'll be lucky to have you on his arm, even if it's just pretend." She smiled. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked so youthful. Which was good, considering I am only 18.