Chapter Sixteen

I would like to thank Bobdog54 and Kitbaker123 for looking at this for me.

XXXXX

Tim ignored Abby and started to complain. "It's not fair, everything keeps changing. Why is it only getting worse?" He paced her lab. "Dr Reid, he's the smartest man I've heard of in this kind of job. He should want to spend time with me. I've got multiple degrees, and other qualifications, not as many as him, of course. He doesn't want anything to do with me, but he'll spend ages talking to Tony. Agent Rossi keeps watching me. I feel like he can read my every thought. Why did DiNozzo have to mess everything up? He always does, he shouldn't try and be anything more than what he is, the comic relief. I wonder if his dad disciplined him enough as a kid?" McGee barely paused for breath before continuing his rant. 'How can a successful and charming man, like that, have a son like him? I bet it's such a disappointment. He turned to Abby. She must be able to see the truth now. He knew that she hated change and she was not disagreeing with him. "Abby?" He was sure she would be on his side, it was all so obvious.

"Go away, Agent McGee." Abby replied tiredly. She was glad that he hadn't stopped for a breath or she would have told him everything. She'd almost betrayed one of her closest and oldest friends here at NCIS. All because she was thinking about herself and how she felt about Tim. The others were right; how she could have even thought of doing that? Ziva and McGee were trying to ruin Tony's life. When all this was done maybe she could sit down and talk with Ducky. Abby had to make sure that she stayed on point. McGee and Ziva bad, Tony good.

"Abby." Tim whispered, the two of them had a connection, something special.

"Go away! I have work to do." She forced back her tears. Abby was going to call Tony and let him know that she'd almost betrayed him. That he was correct and she was self-involved.

Tim waited for a moment longer and then turned away. It must have been that time of the month; there was no other explanation for it.

XXXXX

Tony lay wrapped up in Gibbs arms; they hadn't done anything more than kiss. He didn't want to take things further while he had everything hanging over his head. Deep down, Tony was still afraid that Gibbs would turn and support the other two and that would destroy him.

XXXXX

Gibbs placed a kiss on Tony's forehead and held him tighter. He knew how the younger man felt. It came out in his nightmares. He was going to talk to Ducky, not telling any specifics, but to see if there was anything he could do. All Gibbs wanted was to make Tony happy; to show that the masks weren't needed any more.

"I love you Tony."

"I love you too, Jethro."

Gibbs could feel a smile shyly moving against his chest, a gentle kiss followed and then Tony's firm, younger body snuggle in tighter against his. This was what being in bed with the person you loved felt like. He'd been missing this for so long. It had only ever happened with one other person before, Shannon. He was glad that Tony was the one to bring it back to him.

XXXXX

Ziva and McGee stood off to one side and watched the two teams laugh with each other. They hated the fact that they hadn't been included. That was when they noticed Sacks. They'd heard he wanted to work with the BAU and he loathed Tony, so why was he smiling? He should have hated this situation even more than they did.

"Come on, Tim; let's find out why Sacks seems so happy. He might be able to help us."

McGee nodded, they hadn't had any help. They had mentioned it to Palmer, but since then they hadn't been able to get near him. He was always busy. But the young assistant was weak willed, and probably he wouldn't have been much help. Putting the blame on him would have been advantageous but they could come up with something else. He and Ziva were needed at NCIS. They were so essential at NCIS that they would be looked after.

XXXXX

The smile left Sacks' face as he watched two of DiNozzo's cohorts walk towards him. He had noticed that they weren't mixing with the others.

"We need to talk privately." Ziva whispered, as she discretely handed him her card, before they walked off to join the others. They didn't want to make it look too suspicious.

XXXXX

Hotch's eyes narrowed as the two agents stopped briefly to talk with Sacks. He knew how that particular agent felt about Tony. They would have to keep an eye out. They needed to know if they met up again. It would mean that they had another player in the game; one that they weren't able to keep an eye on. He would need to talk to Tony and Gibbs; they could probably bring in Fornell. That is if his feelings towards DiNozzo didn't get in the way.

XXXXX

Hotch waited around until McGee and Ziva left so he could talk to everyone freely.

"Gibbs, I saw the two of them talking to Sacks. Is that normal?" He didn't need to say who they were.

"No, before all of this I would have said they hated him. We know what his feelings towards DiNozzo are. It means that they may have found an ally. If any of us keep a noticeable eye on him it would look suspicious." Gibbs paused for a moment. "We could always talk to Fornell."

"Do you trust him?"

"He may be FBI," he threw a smirk in Hotch's direction, "but yes, I do."

"Okay, we'll have to arrange to meet him somehow." They all knew that this had to end soon. They couldn't keep an eye on Tony forever. Even though Hotch was sure Gibbs would be more than happy to do that.

XXXXX

Fornell headed over to Sacks' desk and started to look around. It was odd that he couldn't find the other agent. The last week or so he had been working late every night. He moved over some papers, and that was when some handwritten notes attracted his attention. Fornell's face fell as he read over it.

"What the hell have you done Ron?" He grabbed his cell, headed towards the exit and hoped that he would be able to stop this.

XXXXX

"Gibbs, what are you talking about Fornell?" Blue eyes widened with shock, he turned and looked at Hotch. "No, he's not here. He was heading for coffee. Fuck."

"What's going on?" Hotch followed the other man.

"We need to get to DiNozzo and now."

XXXXX

Sacks had turned up at the coffee shop just for last minute checks. He wanted to make sure that everything was going to run smoothly. That was when he saw DiNozzo hand himself over to the serial killer, so the others could go free. He knew who it was by the uniform the man was wearing. Sacks had been the one to leave it for him. DiNozzo had managed to fuck things up for him again.

Gibbs ran over to Sacks and slammed him against the wall. "Where is DiNozzo?"

"He took him." The FBI agent choked out.

"Who took him?" Gibbs demanded.

"The serial killer you were all looking for. I had a plan, but it went wrong. It's all his fault."

TBC