Chapter Eleven - Luna and Margarette

Luna spun in a circle, looking for a familiar landmark, but it was unsuccessful. The castle was perched on the edge of a cliff. Hogwarts was no where in sight.

The youngest Lovegood looked at the Malachite Manor, then back at the door which led back to Hogwarts. She looked back at the Manor and a small carefree smile made it's way to her face. Luna approached the door, her wand at the ready.

She slowly pushed open the heavy the door, and dust erupted from the movement. She walked into the dark room, "Lumos," she whispered and a light erupted from her wand. She looks around the interior of the castle.

Dust was covering every inch of the place and it was eerily silent, that is until Luna approaches on of the paintings. Her lit up want was pointed right at the painting, and that caused it to wake up. It was a portrait of a fairy with sparkling hair, bubble wings, a brown background, and surrounded by orange smoke.

The fairy looked up at Luna with wide eyes, "The platinum hair, blue eyes, care free stance. You're a Lovegood, aren't you?"

"Yes, Miss," Luna answers, "My name's Luna, Luna Lovegood."

"Lovely to meet you, Luna," the fairy smiled at the blonde, "My name's Imogen." The fairy suddenly stood, showing off her beautiful lilc dress, "A LOVEGOOD'S HERE!! IT'S A LOVEGOOD!!"

Suddenly the castle light up with a thousand small flames, and the portraits all awoke at the familiar name. One portrait called out, "Did you say, 'Lovegood', Imogen?"

"Yes! Yes!" Imogen cheered, "Luna Lovegood's her name!" Imogen turned back to Luna, "Follow me, Luna." Imogen then flies out of her frame and into another further up the right staircase.

Luna obediently follows Imogen, "Where are you taking me, Imogen?"

"To Margarette's room, of course," Imogen tells her as she flies faster up the stairs and through the frames. Luna chases after her, up the main staircase, and many, many more. Luna follows her up a tower, and Imogen stops in the portrait just outside, "There's Margarette's room."

"Why don't you go in?" Luna asked the fairy.

"There're no paintings in there," Imogen answered, "She's been in there, alone, for so long."

"Who?" Luna asked.

"Margarette," Imogen says sadly, her head hanging.

"Why doesn't she leave?"

"That, that evil witch Morgana," Imogen said, "Cast a curse, an evil, horrible, curse."

"Which curse?"

"Avada Kedavra," Imogen stated grimly, "Then cursed the room, so she was never to leave. Margarette can never leave, and only a Malachite can enter. But, she made everyone forget. Margarette Malachite, erased from history. Margarette Malachite, mother of the great Merlin, fifth founder of the school Hogwarts. Wife of Elijah Liddell, killed at 50 years old by her own student by the killing curse, and was forced to be forgotton by everyone."

"That's such a sad story," Luna said sadly.

"Open it," Imogen told her, "Open the door. Please, Luna, please. Don't let Margarette live in misery anymore."

"Okay," Luna agreed and reached for the door handle. She grabbed the handle and pushed the door open.

The room on the other side of the door had a large bed, a desk, and a wardrobe. Everything was clean and pristine, not a speck of dust anywhere. On the far side of the room, opposite to Luna, was an open door that led to a balcony.

The purple curtains that framed the door moved in the wind. And just outside the door, stood a glowing figure, reaching it's hand up to the sky, only to be stopped by an invisible force.

"Hello," Luna called out.

The figure turned around, and Luna became face to face with the one and only Margarette Malachite.