Chapter Nineteen - It's a Time for Gifts

"Dear Diary,
Today is the 31st of December, 1012. Soon it will be a new year of better choices and new experiences. All of the students have returned home, save for a few of them. There a few people still in the Manor as most of them went to Hogwarts and are spending time around their inter-house friends in either the Great Hall or the court yard.

Now, I couldn't help but notice that I haven't done a viewing entry in a long time.

Well, I haven't even touched my diary really except for a few days ago, though it was only a written entry and nothing more.

So let us do a different type of entry."

After diary!Margarette said those words, the usual white wisp left the diary and formed on the empty half of the teachers table.

Luna heard the founder gasp from beside her, and saw Margarette staring at the forming image in awe, "It actually worked? I cannot believe it worked."

When the image finally formed, it showed Margarette, looking just as she does now except she's no longer transparent. Image!Margarette is in her chambers where Luna found her just under twenty four hours before.

Image!Margarette smiled brightly and began to speak, "Christmas, as you know, was just a few days prior, on the twenty-fifth, and gifts were given throughout Hogwarts. I gave a gift to every single student in my house, my husband, Merlin and Morgana, and my dear friends- Godric, Salazar, Rowena, and Helga.

"To each of my students, I gave a pendant. It was a beautiful silver phoenix with amethyst in the body. All of my students, whether male or female, first year or seventh, they all received on of these pendants that I crafted myself. Merlin and Morgana also received a pendant, but I gave Merlin something special.

"Merlin, my only son- my only child- received a beautiful staff with his wand incased as the top. One of my past students, Nicola Ollivander, helped me craft the twisted wooden staff that I sent to Merlin along with the pendant.

"For my husband, Elijah, I made a tailcoat. He had told me- multiple times- of his love and gratitude for what Salazar, Rowena, Helga, Godric and I do for the young wizards and witches of our age. Elijah has told me many a time of his love of the colors, and animals, and traits we have chosen to represent our houses and our school. So, for my husband, I have spend time crafting a crest of our school, which does not have one.

"I planned for Elijah to be the only one in possession of the crest of Hogwarts, and for the past few days it has stayed that way. In the future, the crest will continue to stay in the chambers of the head of house in Malachite Manor, and hopefully, never to be removed.

"The crest of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry had each of the five houses colors and symbols in each corner, with the Malachite house in the center. And wrapping around our five houses and a border of silver will state something a wise wizard once told me, Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus. Which means Never tickle a sleeping dragon.

"Past what Christmas has given us, we- the founders- have been speaking about what will be a heirloom that is past down from generation to generation, so, even if the last name of our family changes, they will know where they came from. Salazar is passing along his ring, Godric: his sword, Rowena: her diadem, Helga: her cup, and I, I will be passing along a necklace. A beautiful golden chained necklace with an intricate ball on the end. The ball of the necklace is golden with wings etched into the side.

"Infact, I spelled it so that, on occasion, the wings were spurt from the side of the golden ball and rest against the chest of it's wearer."

Harry and the rest of the Golden Trio stare at each other wide-eyed, "Is she talking about the Golden Snitch?"

"She created the Golden Snitch?" Harry asked shocked as he looked over to the Ravenclaw table, trying to make eye contact with the ghost of Margarette Malachite, but he couldn't find her beside Luna.

"Are you looking for me, young man?" A voice asked from beside him, causing him to abruptly turn and come face-to-face with the dead Margarette Malachite.

"Ye-yes," Harry nodded, "The-the, um, necklace you're talking about," he motions the teachers table were image!Margarette is still talking, "is it the Golden Snitch?"

"What's a Golden Snitch?" Margarette frowned at the Gryffindor.

"It's a very fast golden ball with retractable wings, Miss," Hermione quickly answered before Harry could start stuttering over his explanation.

"Then I believe so," Margarette nodded before looking back at where the image of her once was, instead she saw the image fade and disappear back into her well worn diary.

"Sincerely,
Margarette Malachite."