Artemis

Nyx:

I blinked in surprise at Jasabelle. Did I just hear...?

"Baby girl?" I asked cautiously, not knowing exactly what was happening.

"Hello Nyx." Purred....Not Jasabelle. The bright honey eyes I loved, were now black.

"Who are you?" I asked suddenly enraged, not knowing what was going on. Jaxon growled at me in the back of my mind.

Let me out! That is my mate! Let me speak to Artemis! Jaxon was restless but I was in shock.

"I thought Jasabelle lost her wolf." I pondered cautiously. I know I should trust my wolf, but I was worried about Jasabelle.

"Jaxon helped me come out from my dormant." Jasabelle's wolf, Artemis purred once again. Her voice alone had Jaxon clawing at the back of my head, begging to be let out. "Jasabelle and I have been waiting for you mark us love. The wanting Jasabelle has been feeling has been coming from me. I've been trying to come back and help her for ages, but she was beaten too much for me to ever heal properly."

I growled at the thought of my mate being hurt to the point of her wolf being repressed. "Have you been talking to Jasabelle lately?" I was suddenly hurt that Jasabelle hadn't told me she was feeling her wolf again.

Jasabelle-Artemis- shook her head. "No I have not. She only felt my restlessness in the back of her mind. She did not want to bring attention to it, just in case she was wrong. She did not want any hopefulness in case it only proved to be wrong."

I nodded and sighed. "I guess I should let Jaxon and you speak huh?"

Jasabelle's face stretched as a grin overtook her face as excitement filled her from Artemis. She nodded her head vigorously in excitement.

I closed my eyes and slowly felt myself being pushed back as Jaxon brought himself forward.

I opened my eyes once again, fully aware I was no longer in control of myself, but Jaxon was.

"My love," he began, taking our mate's face gently between our hands, "I have waited so long to meet you, hold you, speak to you...and now here you are. I have felt your spirit since we first found our mate in that horrid attic."

Artemis purred as she leaned into our touch. "I too have been waiting for what feels like forever. It feels like a dream to finally have you with me."

"And I with you my love." Jaxon whispered leaning in to kiss our mate.

It was the kind of kiss that said I miss you and I love you without saying anything. The kiss felt like it lasted hours but it was only a minute.

Jaxon sighed. "I guess we should let the children back to enjoy each other." He mused.

Artemis whined. "But I just go you."

"Do not worry my love, soon we will run together. And then you will have some explaining to do." He told her pointedly before giving me back control.

I watched as Artemis gave back control to Jasabelle. Immeditely she collapsed into my arm.

"Baby! Are you okay?" I asked panicked.

Jasabelle nodded. "I'm...tired. It's been so long...without her."

I stroked her hair as she curled into my lap. "Sleep baby girl.We'll figure this out better when you're more awake."

Without any arguments, Jasabelle rested her head on my chest and fell right asleep.

I sighed. My mate is just full of surprises.  

--------------------------------

570 WORDS. SHORT BUT IM SORRY

Hey guys, Im sorry about this horribly late and SHORT chapter. But this last month has been so stressful. I had 3 essays, a research paper and 6 quizzes/exams due and work inbetween,, so please believe me when I say I'm glad that I'm alive right now lol. Don't worry, the semester is over next week!!!! So expect more updates guys! Thanks for all the postive feedback! We are at 19k reads! Thank you bunnies!

As always,

Peace,

Love,

& Baby Ducks<3