39. | audrey

𝗮𝘂𝗱𝗿𝗲𝘆

My cousins finally went back home about twenty minutes ago, so I had the house to myself since my parents were at work. I decided to make myself something to eat since my cousins were pigs and ate all the leftover food from yesterday and there was nothing left.

After I made myself an egg and mayo sandwich, I sat down and put on a disney movie since there was literally nothing to do. Twenty minutes into Moana my phone rang.

I checked the caller ID to see an unknown number, I debated not answering but decided to because it felt important, "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Audrey Piper?" A male voice asked.

"Yes this is her."

"Hello Audrey, This is Officer Will speaking and I'm calling from Greenville County Police--"

And that is when my heart began to pound because I knew getting a call personally from the police department couldn't have been anything good. "I'm calling you regarding Christian Wilson. . ."

"What about him?" I asked with a trembling voice.

"He has been released on bail by reason of insanity." My hands shook after those words came out of his mouth and a lump made its way into my throat and settled there. Tears sprang from my eyes as my mind tried to comprehend the fact that Raven, my ex boyfriend, and the boy who tried to kill me, is out of prison and roaming the streets freely, probably plotting a way to get to me again.

"He- He--" I tried to swallow the golf ball stuck in my throat but it wouldn't budge. "He's out on bail?" I asked with a small voice, "Why would you release him? Don't you know he tried to kill me? Oh my God, he is going to try to kill me again, and this time he is going to succeed because he learns from his mistakes, he'll probably make sure that this time it's not in such a public area where he can bury my body without any witnesses and---" I rambled on, my mind coming up with situations worse than the last, making me feel even more distraught and afraid.

"---Miss Audrey---"

"--And then he'll come for my family next after he's done with me.---"

"Ma'am. . .Ma'am. . . MA'AM!" I snapped out of my fear induced rant, "Miss Audrey, firstly this wasn't the police department's decision to make, the court decided to release him and secondly he has been instructed to stay at least a thousand feet away from you or he will be put back in prison--"

His last words made me suddenly angry, "You think a piece of paper is going to stop him? He is going to find a loophole around a restraining order and get to me. . .I-- I know him-- I know he is going to--"

"Ma'am, I assure you that he will get the full extent of the law should he try anything to get to you. He has been thoroughly informed of the consequences of his actions or the actions he is considering to take. I apologize for being the bearer of bad news, but I advice that you try to let the news of his bail sink in tonight even though it's not going to be easy. Mr Wilson will be constantly monitored and watched and nothing that he does will go past us, extreme measures have been taken by the department to keep you and by extension your family safe. Your family has also been informed of this too and have responded accordingly. Once again, I apologize for being the bearer of bad news. Goodbye."

And without another word, Officer Will hung up and my phone slid out of my hand and dropped on the carpeted floor, Moana was still playing but it was like static background music to my ears after the information I received.

A few minutes later my phone rang and Justin's name and number with a heart emoji flashed on the screen and my heart sank to my stomach. I contemplated not answering for a second before I made the decision to do so, making a mental note to act strong and unaffected, Justin only got a glimpse but he didn't know anything about my real but terrifying life and I would keep it that way for as long as I can. He  was so worried by my disappearance, I could hear it in the voicemails and I didn't want him to feel that way again.

▌│█║▌║▌║║▌║▌║█│▌▌│█║▌║▌

ɴᴇᴡ ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ ᴠᴇʀsɪᴏɴ.

ɪ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇʟʏ ʀᴇᴡʀᴏᴛᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴғᴜsᴇᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛs. ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴀᴜᴅʀᴇʏ's ᴘᴏᴠ, ʀɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ʜᴇʀ 'ᴛᴀɴᴛʀᴜᴍ' ɪɴ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 37 ᴛᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏs ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇxᴛ ᴏɴ ʜᴇʀ ʀᴇᴀᴄᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴊᴜsᴛɪɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀʏ.

𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝘂𝗽 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀? 𝗜𝘁𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗹𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗮 𝗰𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘂𝗿𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗜 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸. 𝗜'𝗺 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝘄 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘁 𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶'𝗺 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝘀 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝗼 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁.

𝗠𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲, 𝗔𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗹🌻

𝗽.𝘀. 𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝘁 𝟮𝟬𝟬𝗞 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝘆 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀 𝗯𝘂𝗴𝗴𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶 𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻𝗹𝗼𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗽𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝘂𝗽𝗼𝗻 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗰𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝗹. 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁, 𝘀𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗻𝗼𝗻-𝘀𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁. 𝗜 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗶𝘁 𝘀𝗼 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵💜

║▌║▌║█│▌▌│█║▌║▌║║▌║▌║█│