Memories (Iruka)

Your Pov

"Hey watch out Iruka" I yell. Signaling at a branch in front of him.

"Thanks." He says scratching his neck.

"You always were a clumsy one." I laugh.

"Till the day I die" he says laughing as well.

It was a hot summer day and me and Iruka were out practicing our ninjutsu.
It had been almost 4 hours and the sun was beginning to set. It was time to return back to the leaf village.

We both head back on the path to go home. We were both dead beat tired. My feet were sore and it felt like I was walking on needles. The heat was giving me a headache. And to make matters worse, we had finished all of our supply of water.

"So I heard Kakashi's back from that mission with Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto." I say

"Yeah it was a difficult battle. He fought Zabuza." He says wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"Didn't he have an accomplice or something? He goes by the name of Haku." I ask

"Yeah. They had history together. The way the battle ended was pretty sad. But something good came out of it." He said smiling.

"Naruto must've really been happy." I say laughing.

"We all have those moments." He says smiling.

"If you don't mind me asking, what are yours?" I ask curiously.

"It's honestly moments when I can be at peace. You know, those times where you can forget about everything." He says looking down.

"Yeah, I understand ." I say

He smiles at me and I do the same. When we both looked up we begin to notice that we might have taken a wrong turn or something. We came across a dark and eerie part of the forest. I sensed a bad feeling.

"I don't like the looks of this." I say in a ready stance position.

"Me either." He says.

We turn around and head back. As we retrace our steps to get back to the right path, Iruka trips and falls. I immediately react by taking out my kunai knives.

"Iruka please tell me you're just being clumsy again." I beg.

"I'm sorry" he says getting up and dusting himself off.

I begin to laugh really hard that I had to hold my stomach. I was relieved yet a bit mad that he had worried me.

"You idiot!" I yell.

"Yes m'am" he says in a robotic voice.

"Why am I even friends with you?" I ask.

"Beats me. You just always seem to stick around." He smirks.

"That's not true! You always follow me." I state.

"Oh really? Tell me when exactly have I done just that" he says

"Well for starters you always send a request to the third hokage to pair us up in missions." I say crossing my arms while trying to look annoyed.