Chapter 30

{rewritten/edited}

{don't tell me what to do and

don't tell me what to say

please when i go out with you don't put me on display

___

B A I L E Y ' S P O V

I looked into the crowd, staring at Carter's pack. After the Moon Goddess disappeared with Carter and Jason, everyone looked confused. The wolves stood up, some groaning from having to kneel for so long. A lot of the began to stare at me, wondering what we should do, like I was their leader. I wasn't, was I?

A pack member came forward, one that had beaten me before. He stared at my bruised body and bowed before me. "I hope you can forgive me, my dear Luna, for the pain I have inflicted upon you. Carter was holding my children hostage and if I didn't do as he said, he would kill them. I hope you have it in your heart to let me live and become a part of your pack."

Many of the other wolves agreed with him. Most of the wolves began to kneel before me, murmuring apologies to me. Were they all afraid of what the Moon Goddess had done to their former Alpha? Were they all afraid of me too?

I stared into the crowd and looked at some of the wolves that weren't kneeling, that believed Carter was still their Alpha and in charge. My eyes wandered around, looking for one person in particular. I wanted to tell him sorry and that I do love him. I wanted to work things out with him. My eyes contacted Beta Ryan and he gave me a relieved look. I still couldn't contact my wolf or any of my pack members. I didn't know what to do so I stood on the stage, staring at everyone. I saw some of my pack members and suddenly felt safe.

One of my pack members came forward, concern written all over his face. "Are you alright, Luna? You're looking a little pale. I think it's time to get you home."

The headache I had was growing stronger and I fell forward, throwing up all over the stage and my pack member. He caught me before I fell off the stage. Something didn't feel right. What was wrong? What else could possibly be wrong this time?

Before I could even say sorry, I fell limp in his arms and let darkness surround me

***

A beeping noise woke me up. It was loud and piercing and all I wanted to do was continue sleeping.

Haven't you done enough sleeping already?

My eyes shot wide open and I smiled. My wolf was back! I could hear her again.

You're back?

I never went away. I just couldn't talk, I was frozen. I'm sorry I couldn't protect us. The wolf's-bane really took a toll on me. The entire time, I felt everything. I'm sorry this happened again to us.

I frowned. All of this happened because of me. I don't deserve my wolf. I don't deserve Hannah, Ryan, or even Chance. They deserve so much more than me. All I cause them is pain and misery. When will I be happy?

I blinked back the tears that were trying to fall and looked around the room. The room looked familiar and I knew I was back in my pack again. The TV was on but the volume was off. An IV was in my wrist, pumping something into me. The couch under the window was occupied by my grandparents. My parents were sitting in two chairs, staring at the TV. Chance's head was laying on my bed, his hands resting on my legs. I looked down and saw no more bruises on my body, only a few cuts and scrapes. My wolf was healing us, slowly but surely.