One ✔️

Cadmus sighed and pulled his jacket tighter around his chest, grumbling about Californian weather. Its not like it was that cold out; it was sixty degrees out. But after being in Mexico for six months, where seventy degrees was considered a weather anomaly, sixty degrees meant being condemned to freezing your ass off. Cadmus, apart from being cold, was beginning to get impatient. Not only was he chilled to the bone, but it was nine at night and his parents were supposed to have been here over an hour ago. He was stranded at a bus stop with no wifi, no warm clothes, no food, and he couldn't find the song he was looking for on Spotify.

After angrily swiping through around one hundred or so songs that he really didn't want to listen to at the moment, a red van finally pulled up to the bus stop. Cadmus sighed loudly and stood, grabbing his suitcase and making his way over to the van. He opened the door and sat himself down in the passenger seat, seeing his father. "You're late," he said.

Chris smiled at his only son, love shining in his eyes "I missed you too, Cade."

Cadmus sighed, taking out one of his headphones to look at his father. "You're hardly ever late," he remembered. "What happened?"

Chris Argent pursed his lips. He couldn't tell Cadmus where he'd actually been, which was scouring the town ruthlessly for werewolves. It was bad enough that Allison had found out from Kate (he was still upset about that), and he had no intention of sharing the secret family business with Cadmus. He definitely didn't look like it, but the six foot three giant of a teenage boy wasn't a very violent person. He could spit out sarcasm during any situation, but that could only get you so far. He was really just about as innocent as his sister had been before she found out about the supernatural. His father didn't want to ruin him too. "I had to tie up some details for Kate's funeral," he said. "I'm sorry I didn't call, but I wasn't aware it would take this long."

Cadmus nodded, a sad look crossing his face. "Sorry," he muttered. "I'm sorry." He knew his aunt's death would be a sensitive topic, which is why he didn't ask further questions after that. Chris knew it was cruel to use Kate's death as a cover up but he reminded himself it was necessary if he wanted Cadmus to have even somewhat of a normal life.

Chris sighed, shaking his head slightly as he turned a corner. "So how was Mexico?" he asked.

Cadmus shrugged, turning to look at his father. "It was alright. Boiling hot, though."

Chris chuckled. "I can imagine," he said. "You get through school okay down there?"

His son nodded, a small smile working it's way onto his face. "Yeah, I did fine. Spanish is surprisingly easy to understand once you get the hang of it. And I made a few amigos." His smile grew at the word 'friends' and Chris noticed.

"Anybody more than a friend?" he asked, already knowing the answer.

Cadmus felt his cheeks grow hot and he purposely looked away from his father, locking his eyes on what was outside the window. "Well, sort of. I mean, there was this one gu- girl. We kissed, but nothing really happened after that." The Argent boy closed his eyes in slight embarrassment, hoping his father hadn't caught his slip up. There was this one guy, we kissed.

"Really?" his father asked. "What was her name?"

Cadmus almost sighed in relief. "Alicia," he said. Arthur.

Chris smiled. "I'm glad you met someone," he said. "It's good to know you weren't completely alone down there."

"I wasn't completely alone," Cadmus said, attempting to change the subject. "I had Araya most of the time, too."