Five ✔️

Home was awkward. Cadmus was trying not to glare at everyone. They were walking around like everything was fine, which bothered him. Nothing was actually fine. It was hard to act like he didn't know what was going on.

He'd also gone to the basement, and had found out that Kate's things were actually not where he had thought they were. So either his family had moved them to a more secret location, or they had been collected by the police after her death, which would mean a trip to the police station.

Cadmus knew that asking his parents was not an option, so he decided to go to the police station again. But Allison's car was gone. Sighing, he turned back towards the inside of the house, a grimace on his face. "Mom?" he called. "Dad?"

A few moments passed before Victoria Argent strode into the room. "What is it, Cadmus? You know I don't like yelling in the house."

"Sorry," Cadmus bit his lip, "And I was wondering if I could borrow the car."

"Why?" his mother asked, suspiciously. Cadmus felt the quip like a punch to the gut. Apparently she still hated him for some unknown reason. He'd really been hoping had been some early morning, pre-coffee phase. 

Cadmus shrugged, playing it off and saying the first thing that popped into his mind. "I'm in the mood for Harry Potter, and Netflix doesn't have the movies. I might stop by the store, too, for some snacks. Like gummi worms, I don't know."

Victoria eyed her son a bit warily, before her arms crossed over her chest and she nodded. "Fine, you may go," she told him. "But if you go to the store, get some milk. We're almost out."

Cadmus almost laughed. Killers, worrying about trivial things such as milk. Though he supposed even the bad guys had to eat. "Yeah, I will. Don't worry."

He got the keys and left quickly. Getting into the car, he plugged his phone into the radio system and, appropriately, considering his lie, Just a Hufflepuff by Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls came on. Chuckling to himself, Cadmus put the car in drive and went off to the station.

When he got there it was quiet. There was no noise except that of his engine and the AC/DC song currently blasting through his speakers. He turned off his phone and plugged in his headphones, stuffing them in his pocket. He got out of his car, his keys joining his phone in his pocket before he made his way inside.

The police station was brightly lit, and the only person in sight was a young woman who was maybe only six or seven years older than Cadmus. He approached the desk, giving her a light smile.

"Hi, can I help you?" the lady asked.

Cadmus nodded. "Um... yeah, actually. I was wondering if I could see Kate Argent's things."

He knew he'd come to the right place when the police officer grimaced, shaking her head. "I'm sorry, we're not allowed to show those to any pedestrians."

"Please?" Cadmus sighed, a bit impatiently. "I let her borrow something of mine before..." he paused to gulp. "Um, well, it's really important and I kind of need it back, and I think it might be in the bags."

He looked at her with pleading eyes, but was surprised when the woman sighed, and turned to type something into the computer. "One minute," she sighed. "Do you have proof of relations with the deceased?" she asked.

Cadmus nodded, pulling out his license. "Cadmus Argent," he told her, pointing to his last name, strategically covering his age with his pinky finger. He was aware that he wouldn't be able to look if he was under eighteen. "She was my Aunt."

"Father's name?"

"Chris Argent, her brother."

"State your intents."