Gentleman

Kate bolted into the Salvatore house and straight up to her room. She started stuffing her things into her bag when Rebekah appeared at her door.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"Your idiot brother found me, so now I've got to get as far away from here as possible," Kate explained, trying to find all of her things.

"Kol? Why would you be afraid of him?" she asked. Kate dropped her bag.

"Do you know what he had planned the night I turned?" Rebekah gave her a blank look. "Why do you think I had vampire blood in my system?"

"Klaus had been giving it to you since we met, just in case."

"No, Kol gave it to me just before I was shot. He planned on telling me he loved me, then breaking my neck. He knew I didn't want to get involved with someone immortal, so he decided to fix it himself."

"Well, you know Kol. He's stupid and rash, but he means well."

"Are you actually trying to justify what he did?"

"I'm just saying, things were never calm between you two. You had a love I envied."

"Had being the key word."

"Why let him run you out of town? If you really want to get back at him, stay here and show him that he doesn't control you."

Kate mulled it over. She was sick of running from Kol, and she was starting to like Mystic Falls. Honestly, what harm could he really do? Even Kol has his limits.

"Fine," Kate muttered. She tossed her bag onto the bed. "I guess I'll stay." Then Rebekah did something completely out of character, she pulled Kate in for a hug.

"You've always been like a sister to me," she smiled.

Kate and Damon walked into the Mikaelson mansion. They received a message that morning from Klaus, requesting a visit. Both were too curious to pass this up, so here they were. Nobody seemed to be home.

"Klaus?" Damon called. A second later, Kol was in front of them in a flash.

"Sorry to disappoint, but I'm the one who called this meeting," he explained.

"When did you get here," Damon asked.

"No time for that-"

"What the hell do you want?" Kate asked, mustering up what courage she had.

"I'm glad you asked. Considering your image of me is tainted, I'd like to remind you that I have always been a gentleman. For example, I like to do things the old-fashioned way, like asking a lady's father for permission to ask her out. Seeing as Damon has recently emerged as your father, I'd like to ask him for his permission," Kol explained.

Damon only knew about Kol loving Kate, but that's it. He had no idea what was going on. "Um, whatever she wants," he guessed.

Kol opened his mouth to say something, but Kate shut him down. "No way in hell I would ever give you a chance." Her tone even surprised herself.

"You did back then," he teased.

"I was young and stupid-"

"And you look as if you haven't aged a day-"

Damon felt like he was going to be sick. Regardless of when he met her, Kate was still his daughter. "Is this all I was needed for? I don't really feel like sticking around."

"Me either," Kate snapped before speeding off.

"She's a fiery one, isn't she?" Kol mused.

"Sure..."