We Always Find a Way

Damon and Klaus had decided that the only way to deal with Andre was to kill him. Luckily, there was some prestigious town fundraiser that night at the Lockwood mansion tonight that he couldn't stay away from. Like Kol, he looked for any opportunity to get under Kate's skin.

When Damon returned home, he asked Kate about the plan. "It won't be that easy," she muttered.

"Sure it will. Corner him, shove my fist in his chest, and rip his heart out. It's as easy as that," Damon joked. Kate stood up and planted her feet firmly in front of Damon.

"None of you get it! Andre is not like anyone you have ever gone up against. He always has a plan B and C and the rest of the freaking alphabet! There is no possible way that he doesn't have some sort of insurance to keep himself alive! I'm not going to watch you die," she hissed. Damon placed his hand on her shoulder, automatically calming her down slightly.

"We have dealt with Originals, Ghosts, werewolves, hybrids, and even the devil we know as Katherine Pierce. Klaus is an original, there is no way Andre can get rid of him. The only way this plan can go south is if you don't show up tonight," he stated. After a few minutes of silence, Kate decided that Damon was right. If there was anyone who could take down Andre for good, it was Klaus and Damon. She nodded and walked off to her room to get ready.

The Lockwood mansion was as beautiful and pretentious as ever. Kate walked up to the doorway to meet Jeremy. "You look nervous," he laughed.

"Creepy ex boyfriends have that effect," Kate joked, scanning the room. There was no sign of Andre, yet. She felt a chill next to her, signaling that someone had sped up to next to her. She whipped around, ready for confrontation, when she noticed that it was only Kol.

"Did I scare you?" he mused. Kate playfully hit his arm.

"Don't do that when there are people lurking about," she hissed.

"Wonder who that could be," Andre whispered from across the room, just loud enough so Kate and Kol could hear.

Kol grabbed Kate's hand protectively. She gave him a reassuring squeeze and walked away, hoping that Kol would follow from behind.

"What do you want," Kate asked coldly. Andre placed his hand on her back and led her away from the crowd into a private room.

"I don't like your tone," he toyed, making Kate's blood run cold.

"Well I don't like you," Damon came back, closing the doors and locking them.

"What's this? You didn't tell me I was meeting the family," Andre joked sickly.

"Consider it a farewell address," Klaus remarked, speeding up to Andre. As he plunged his fist into Andre's chest, Kate felt a sharp pain in her heart. She tried to ignore it, but blood started to seep through her chest. She cried out, falling to her knees.

"What's happening?" Damon yelled. Andre laughed, despite having Klaus's hand wrapped around his heart.

"You didn't think I'd be stupid enough to leave my life vulnerable, did you? Allow me to explain: I have a witch who has linked myself and Katarina. If you kill me, you kill her," Andre spat. Slowly, Klaus ripped his hand out of Andre's chest, allowing relief to flood through Kate. She knew Andre would have some alternative, but now he has a witch. Kate sped out of the room right into Kol.

"What's wrong? Is he dead?" he asked frantically. Kate felt like her entire body was shaking.

"He has a witch, Kol. Now he can perform that sire spell," she sobbed. Kol wrapped her in a tight embrace and let her sob on his shoulder. He was getting flashbacks to when she was human.

"I won't let him touch you. You forget, we have Bennet witch," he explained, trying to cheer her up. Kate looked up at Kol with hopelessness written all over her face.

"I tried to kill Bonnie, there's no way she will ever help me," she cried.

"We'll find a way, we always find a way," Kol stated.