14; loose end

After leaving the hospital, they'd gone to three more places.

First had been Derek Hale's loft, second was Beacon Hills High School, and lastly, the deserted parking lot of a random shopping mall— the place they currently were. Everywhere they'd gone, the nogitsune had released another fly; presumably for each distraction. There had been three in total so far, but something told Lita there would be another soon. Extremely soon, she hoped. Skipping around a parking lot was becoming rather boring for the psychopath. It'd been a whole two hours since she murdered someone, and she was dying to do it again. Committing murder, in her opinion, was like smoking a cigarette; you couldn't do it just once. It was addictive.

"When do I get to kill someone again?" Lita questioned the demon, skipping circles around him. She'd been skipping around him for almost twenty minutes, and she was getting tired— though she refused to show it. She hadn't slept since they left Eichen House, and while the voices in her head had a tendency to keep her awake for quite awhile when she stopped taking the medicines required to silence them, she could only keep going for so long. She was insane, not immortal.

"Soon."

"How soon is soon?" She asked again, skipping to a stop— she was done with that pass time. "I feel like slitting someone's throat."

"Looks like it's your lucky day, Renfield." Stiles chuckled, finally moving for the first time in the twenty minutes they'd been there. Lita had been counting every second since they arrived. "Because it's time for our next move. Does the name Lydia Martin mean anything to you?"

"You mean to tell me the self-proclaimed queen of Beacon Hills is somehow involved in this shit?" Lita gaped, laughing as the demon nodded. This just kept getting better & better for her. Lydia fucking Martin, the bitch of Beacon Hills was now another name on her hit list— could her day possibly get any better? "Can I kill her?"

"Not yet." The demon responded, receiving an almost instant look of disappointment in response from the psychopath. Whenever she was informed she couldn't commit homicide, she was like a child being denied candy— it was humorous, yet at the same time annoying. "But you can make her suffer."

"I suppose that's the next best thing."

"It is when Stiles is in love with her."

"Oh this just got a whole lot more interesting." Lita smirked, stepping closer to the nogitsune. Something about the way he said it made her almost think Stiles was awake in there, in his mind, witnessing everything that was happening. Up until now, she'd assumed the demon had him locked away in his mind in a cell of some sort, like the one she'd been in in her dream when she first encountered him. But now she wasn't so sure. "Are you implying that if I were to kill Lydia in front of you, real Stiles would see it too?"

The demon nodded. "He sees what I see & he feels what I feel."

"So not only would he watch the girl he loves die, but he'd like it?" Lita laughed as the nogitsune nodded again. "So this is what it feels like to win the lottery."

"Before you kill her, I need her first. I'm not telling you why, so don't ask." He spoke quickly before Lita had the chance to interrupt— telling her not to ask about something was the equivalent of prompting her to ask about it. "She's on her way here now with Aiden, a werewolf. He's another distraction. I'm going to go with them, and you're going to go to a place called Oak Creek to wait for me."