Mirror

Come on everyone likes ghost stories. I used to too. I used to make up stories and told them to my friends. One day I told one of my stories at the local radio station. The story was about a woman who would stand behind my mirror, and watch me sleep at night. It was made up obviously. The story was an instant hit over the radio. I was really happy that night. Why wouldn't I?. I became a star that night.

I lived alone in my two room apartment. That night I stayed up late. I checked my posts on Facebook before going to sleep. It was around midnight when I felt a bit sleepy. So I turned the lights of my room and hopped on my bed. I should mention that there were two windows in my bedroom. And between the two there, was a tall mirror. It touched the ceiling. It was just on the opposite side of my bed.

I fell asleep. I woke up at night. There was this unexplained feeling of dread in my room. I was really afraid. There was some light coming from the other room ( I would leave the lights on). I turned and tossed in my bed. I couldn't sleep. The feeling was more as if someone's watching me. Then I thought about the story I told that morning. I looked at the mirror. At first I saw nothing. I stared at myself in the mirror. Then I saw something white standing near the foot my bed. It was a woman. I lived alone so there was no chance of anyone getting in my room. I was sweating. I as so afraid I didn't have enough courage to look at the foot of my bed. I stared at the mirror. I could see the thing moving close to me. I somehow managed to draw the blanket over my head. Through the pores of the cloth I saw something white standing in front of me. I couldn't look at the thing's face. I was too afraid to move. I kept thinking that if I move the thing or whoever she was she would hurt me. I managed to stay quite. Every passing minute felt like hours. I don't know when I fell asleep. I woke up in the morning. I thought that it was just a nightmare. I brushed off the feeling.

I had to leave for work. So I got ready to leave. Before leaving I would always have a final look at myself on the mirror. At first I didn't notice it. There was something written on the mirror. Whatever was written there it made me change my apartment, I stopped telling ghost stories for good.

The sentence written on the mirror was " It is true. I watch you sleep every night. We exist."