11

There was a man who used to pass by my house everyday. He would always mutter 10 10 10. Most of the people thought that he mad. None cared.

The man was homeless. So he would sleep in a alley next to my house. One day I was sleeping in my room. I heard a strange sound. As if someone was trying to break something. It came from outside. I thought someone was trying to get in my house. So I looked out from the window. It faced the alley. Though it was kind of dark there was enough light to see a man eating something. When my eyes adjusted to the darkness I saw that the man had a small corpse in front of him. He was tearing flesh from the corpse an eating it. I couldn't see the man's face or the corpse clearly but it was clear to me that it was a small child's corpse. I wanted to call the cops but I couldn't move. It felt like an invisible force is forcing me to watch that man as he devoured the child's corpse. Then he suddenly looked at me. His eyes were red. He was smiling an inhuman smile. There was blood dripping from his face. The sight would make anyone's blood curdle.

The next morning, I woke up in a hospital. There were cops outside my room. My mom was crying beside my bed. I asked her what happened to me. What I heard was impossible to believe.
She said that my neighbors found me in the alley beside my house. A man was trying to tear my hand. I was screaming. The neighbours called the cops and they tried to catch the man bit he was nowhere to be seen. My hand was severely injured.

After hearing this I looked over to my hand. It was tightly bandaged. There were also scars along my other hand.

The cops asked me if I had seen anything that night. I told them about the corpse the man was eating. They said that they had found a mutilated corpse. A child. But they couldn't find the family. They suggested me to shift my house as I was the only potential witness of a possible case of cannibalism. They thought the man might come after me again. They questioned me about the man whether I could describe him or not. I said that I couldn't see his features in the dark. But I told him about the homeless man that used to sleep there.

The next day the cops found the homeless man dead in a slum. His corpse was mutilated as if someone or something had torn the flesh from the body and beside his body the number 11was written in blood.