Chapter 2 - I Do

Katherine's POV

"I Do." The words came out of his mouth instantly, he didn't seem to even think about them.

His voice was empty and his face blank , no trace of any kind of emotions is evident, it was as if he is talking about a business deal not a marriage.

Yeah right, our marriage is just a business deal for him , nothing more..

The priest looked at me and asked me the same question, i saw his lips moving but I wasn't able to hear the words he said as my mind was totally blocked out.

My gaze went to Ashton , he was looking at me with the same blank bored expression as if he wants me to just say yes and finish this thing.

But I couldn't, I couldn't just say I do , i was having seconds thoughts, i can just say no and leave , run away from him.

But I can't , I can't risk losing my baby this time.

My heart ached as i placed my hand lightly over my belly.

I can do this , not for me , but for her or him..

I swallowed the lump in my throat , "I Do."

"With the power..." The priest started saying his known phrase but my mind was totally zoned out, every voice around me was fading , all the people were going into oblivion as the only thing i can think about,

What the hell did i just did ?

I am sorry Chase, I am so sorry..

"You may now kiss the bride." The words snapped me back to reality as i saw Ashton leaning in , it didn't take long till his lips brushed over mine.

I would be lying if i said i felt nothing , because i did , the butterflies, the electrifying feeling , the dizziness,..

I felt it all , but that didn't last long , when his lips directly left mine as he stepped backwards.

His face still the same , his eyes holding the same blank look, it was obvious, it didn't affect him, not even a bit.

It was just a necessary move.

The clapping of people jerked me back as we turned around and faced them.

Big grins on their faces , bigger
than ours , my eyes wandered around trying to find at least one person i know.

I spotted Cara with Alex beside her on the second row, she looked at me with an unshed tear in her eye, sympathy written all over her face.

She knows I don't want this , but it doesn't matter what i really want anymore..

I averted my gaze from her looking away.

My breath hitched and my body stiffened as i saw him there , in the back standing alone.

How did he know about the wedding ?

Our eyes met , his green eyes bored into mine holding too many emotions. I don't know how long i was staring till he shook his head disapprovingly and stormed away.