Chapter 19 - Figuring things out

Katherine's POV

"Cara, we need to talk." I said , she nodded. We directly went inside the house.

"I just have to go to the bathroom first." I said excusing myself , then went up. 

Dammit ! Pregnancy does make you use the bathroom a lot.

When i finished , i went back down , i stopped when i reached the living room when I saw Ashton sitting beside Cara.

She was crying , "I ruined everything, i ruined it all." She said placing her head in her hands , her voice came low and muffled with tears.

Ashton looked uncomfortable with the fact a girl is crying in front of him , he scratched his neck nervously ,"Um it's okay." He said then hesitantly placed his hand on her back ,"Don't cry."

It's weird he is being nice to her , they used to not handle each other.

I walked toward them to save him from the awkward situation.

And i should say he was relieved when he saw me , "I have some work to do." He said immediately standing up, "I'll be up if you needed me." I nodded giving him a smile.

He went up after that and i sat beside Cara , "What's wrong ?" I directly asked placing my hand on her shoulder so she could look at me.

"I ruined everything." She said sniffing , "He hates me now , doesn't he ?"

"Of course he doesn't." I said as i shook my head , "But you're the one who said you don't want him."

"But i want him." She said confusing me.

"Then why you said no ?"

This girl is going to drive me crazy.

"I don't know." She said , "I don't know what i want , i am scared Katherine."

"Scared of what ?" I asked , "Scared of commitment ?" I added when she didn't answer.

She shook her head , "Scared he may leave."

"But he won't leave." I said , "Heck , i never thought Alex would really think of getting married and settle down."

"He loves you Cara , you should've seen him , he really loves you."

"He loved me too Katherine." She said wiping the tears on her cheek away , "He said he loved me yet he left."

I closed my eyes for a while making sense of her words , i finally understood why she acted like that.

I didn't think that the past still affects her like this.

She was looking at her lap , so I placed my hand on her chin and lifted it up so she can look at me , "Cara , If your dad left you , that doesn't mean every man in your life will do the same."

A tear fell from her eye as i muttered that sentence ; it was true, her past still have a big effect over her life.

And I didn't want that to be her limit, i want her to fix things with Alex because i am sure he will stay by her side.

He will be there when I won't.