30: Mila- Hopefully

a sign of support

a sign of support

****

-2 hours ago-

IT WASN'T UNTIL Ellie decided that she had enough of my moping all week that she called Vivian and I and ordered us to get ready.

"We're going to the club," she simply said. "Get ready."

True to her word, Ellie and Vivian showed up to my place and started honking incessantly. I looked out my window and straightened out any creases I had on my dress. Taking a deep breath, I checked my wallet and got inside her car.

"Finally," she groaned. "You take forever."

"I just had to check for money and keys," I chuckled. Vivian was sitting in the front so I decided to move to the middle seat in the back.

"Mila," Vivian turned around. "Are you okay? I know Ellie can be pushy, but we won't go if you don't want to."

Ellie guffawed at Vivian's statement but she has a similar look of concern on her face.

"I'm not going to lie," I shifted in my seat. "I feel like shit, but I know that I have to move on."

"That's my girl," Vivian grinned, reaching over to grasp my hand. "We're both here for you Millie."

I laugh at her use of my nickname, but it makes me feel warm knowing that I have people who support me no matter what.

"Right," I said, grabbing the aux cord. "Let's play some music then!"

----

The club was bustling as we made our way inside. Vivian looped her arms around mine and Ellie's and dragged us over to the lounges.

"I booked one as soon as I heard we were going out," she yelled over the music. Vivian also came from an influential family like Ellie and I. She wasn't planning to take over the company, but she is studying to eventually launch her own makeup line. Though we didn't have much time to hang out as much as we used to, Ellie and I consider her to be part of small group.

"Fuck," Ellie said as she grabbed a champagne flute from a waiter. "I love you."

"So who's the person you broke up with?" Vivian asked as she sipped on her drink. The private lounge was semi-circular in shape to ensure privacy between other VIP seats. We were all sitting on different corners, but once I started to speak they came closer.

"His name is Renzo, but he goes by Enzo." I answered brushing my hair back.

"How come I didn't know about this?" Vivian glared at us. "Ellie why didn't you tell me either. Mila, you knew about Dr. Lincoln too!"

"What? No way." Ellie gasped, which caused her drink to slosh around. "You need to spill about Lincoln later."

"Enzo and I have been dating for a while," I said, closing my eyes as soon as I felt a wave of sadness come over me. "But then I told him I loved him."