Chapter 10

*Updated 2024.*

Shout out alert!

The last person to follow... Garfield86R

The last person to vote... busssshinny

The last person to add to their reading list... VANESSAQw-1

Thank you ALL for your endless support; I see each and every notification and it literally makes my heart flutter! ;.; (Cheesy, I know, but I'm a cheesy kind of gal.)

If you enjoy my story, please give it a vote - or let me know! I love each and every comment and notification. It makes my day. Thank you all! <3

--------------------

My heart thundered wildly as a wave of panic clenched at my throat - its tight fist suffocating me as fear settled into my stomach.

And with each crack - this mask crumbled. Leaving me, Jubilee, bare.

With a gasp, I staggered back - my vision swimming as the rays of light above me became a blur. Frantically, I look around.

Don't vomit now - don't you fucking do it.

"Sam?" I whispered hoarsely.

My gaze scanned the nearby clothing racks, all draped with the sickening assortment of garments that these women were probably forced to wear. With a desperate lurch, I stumbled towards them.

"Sam?!" I hushed louder. My legs are now like jelly beneath me. I reached out a shaking hand to steady myself against a rack, but it was no use.

The world tilted nauseatingly as the hard floor collided against my knees, now clutching the bag strap as if it were some sort of lifeline in this storm. My stomach churned, and I knew that if I didn't get somewhere soon - I would vomit all over the fucking place.

I bring a hand to my mouth, my eyes darting all over for something to vomit into, and by the time all hell was about to break loose - I managed to find a wooden crate stuffed underneath another rack.

And henceforth unto thee - I erupted. All over the damn place.

The acrid taste of bile burned in my throat. My retching echoed hollowly in the confined room - a sickening symphony of misery and liquid slosh. My body convulsed with each heave, as I felt the contents of my stomach pour out into the crate.

And I continued hurling my guts up until there was absolutely nothing left.

Get. Your. Shit. Together.

I could feel the beads of sweat forming around the nape of my neck, and as all went quiet - I still remained bent over the box, squeezing my knees to my chest as I breathed steadily through my nose. With a shaky breath, I wiped the tears from my cheeks and opened my eyes.

To find my vomit all over different arrays of black masks.

Wiping my lips with the back of my hand, I slowly rise to my feet.

Out of everything ... I sighed heavily.

So much for being a badass secret agent; my anxiety cannot compute.

Focus. Just fucking focus for once. I bring my hands up to my head then, running my fingers crazily through my hair.

Suddenly, like a lightbulb had gone off, my phone ...