Chapter 11

*Updated, 2024 - not 100% edited.*

I'm backkkk, another update in the books!

Thank you for your support! If you are enjoying this book, please let me know with a vote, comment or even a message on my wall!

Also.. thank you @EEternalSunshinefor , for your overload of kindness and support! Shout out to @NerdHeartfor being the last to add this story to your reading list, and to @Jeccicae for being the last person to vote! Also, @EEternalSunshine for being the last to follow and comment. <3

Thank you EVERYONE, even my silent readers. I see you! <3

Also ... did anyone notice? ;) I uploaded a new cover! My artist did such an amazing job, right ?!

-------------------------

Dylan.

Of course, how had I been so oblivious? Where Sam would be - so would he, but ...

I squinted at him, frozen in place as the presenter finished her countdown. Everyone's head turned to face him.

There he stood - unphased and unbothered. Dressed in a slick luxurious black suit that looked awfully familiar. I couldn't shake it, the way that those dark eyes pierced into me. Watching me stand here center stage dressed in something that could barely pass as a pantyhose. Yet, he slid a tanned hand into the pocket of those damned slacks, his mouth set into a tight line.

My lips parted - on the verge of saying something, even if it wasn't truly anything at all; the anger and hatred that coursed through my veins at this very moment nearly poisoned me.

What the fuck is he doing here - and where the hell was Sam?

But before I could breathe a word, he casually spun on his heels - heading straight for the exit. I didn't breathe, and there was a moment of brief silence before the presenter began saying some inaudible thing that I could not wrap my mind around.

"Hey!" I yelled suddenly, storming off the stage. Everything, everyone, became a blur except for the one that mattered most in this moment. My strides were fast - the dress nearly tearing into two with how quickly I was going - but it was fueled by a mix of anger, confusion, and desperation.

The whole room erupted into whispers, as the presenter started rambling some nonsense about how we were off to get busy already.

I didn't give a shit.

I zoomed down the walkway - following him out of the exit.

"What the hell are you doing here?" My voice trembled with a barely contained fury, and my hands automatically balled into fists at my sides.

Operation Secret Mission Over.

He turned to face me, surprise flickering over his gaze. His dark eyes pierced me to where I stood - his gaze slow and calculating as he read my face.

"I could ask you the same question, Serena." he replied, his tone cool and composed. The tension between us was palpable even in the now dimly lit foyer.

His words sent a jolt of realization through me. I was so dead set on finding Sam, so confident that I wouldn't be discovered ... that I didn't plan out what I would say if I were to be caught. I came here with a purpose ... and I knew the reason why I was here - but what was his excuse?

"Where is she?" I gritted through clenched teeth, my gaze boring into his as he brought a hand to scratch the scruff that bordered his jawline.

"Who?" He had the nerve to ask. A hint of something unreadable flickering in his gaze.

My Bestfriends Boyfriend is my Mate.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें