Chapter Eleven: Tunnels

I'm so so so so sorry that its sooooo short 😣 Anatomy was really hard this week and English is driving me crazy!!! 😫😱😖 I feel like I've been writing in my sleep. Yep, it's become that bad. Good thing is I got a chapter in this week, though ☺ which is one of goals: To have a chapter released at least once a week 😉 I'm also caught up on Attack on Titan since I stayed up until one last this morning to do so 😊 caught up on both anime and manga! Yayyyy 😄😄
So here we are, finally making it to the tunnels, but only for a short period of time. Next week chapter will be up on Tuesday, no doubt about that, and then probably have my new one shot up by the following week sometime. It's a Sakura one shot called The Healer's Hands. It's been pretty good so far 😚 And I'm sorry that there's been no SasuSaku in the last few chapters, but I gotta stick to my story line, too, guys! 😋 But now to stop my rambling lol I hope you enjoy this chapter! And thanks (again) for the follows, comments and votes! Keep them coming, guys! They help inspire me 😊
~Kei-chan 💜💋

Chapter Eleven
Tunnels

"We have to get to them!" Naruto was the first one to say it.
"Yes," Sai agreed. "But what about Bukio? We can't just leave her here."
"She has to show us where the tunnels are anyways," I pointed out. "Then from there I will transfer her into one of my slugs. She'll be safe there."
"A slug?" Bukio said, astounded. "That sounds a little gross. Will I be aware that I'm in it?"
"No, you'll be asleep," I explained. "While you're sleeping, I will be healing you through the slug as well."
"Wow," Her eyes got big. "I know they said you were amazing, but I never thought you were this amazing."
"Get down!" Sai hissed as footsteps neared us.
"They were spotted over here," A man'a whispered. "Maybe inside the cafe?"
The door opened and clicked shut.
Bukio looked over at me, terror filling her eyes. I looked at Naruto, who glanced at Sai and nodded.
"Calling all squads to tunnels," A walkie-talky's scratchy voice broke through the air. "Repeat: Calling on squads to the tunnels."
"We better head that way then." Then two footsteps began to retreat until the door opened and clicked, again.
"That was close," Bukio muttered. "I got a little scared there for a moment."
"Aw," Naruto smiled. "No need to be scared when I'm around."
"Sure," Sai laughed.
"Guys, get serious!" I scolded. "We have to help Sasuke and Kakashi! Lets go now."
They both nodded. Naruto allowed Bukio to climb on his back as we snuck out the backway into the empty alley. We followed Bukio's directions until we reached a small crevice hidden behind some tall Juniper bushes. There was dim light slipping out from it and the scent of smoke and carcass blowed through.
"Okay, Bukio," I whispered. "Here we go. Are you ready?"
"I think so," She nodded, as Naruto sat her down on her feet.
I bit down on my thumb, calling forth a slug and slammed down on the ground where smoke puffed up. Once it cleared, there stood a tall, strong slug ready to help. I took Bukio's hand as the slug raised on his hind and allowed Bukio to sink inside. At the same time I activated my healing powers and began to slowly start sinking it into the slug. With another poof, the slug was gone along with Bukio.
Naruto nodded then step into the crevice first, then Sai, and I slipped in last. The tunnel were lit the same way the cave was, with basically anything they could find to produce light. The walls were a pale blue with dark spots where it had fell in. There were pipes traveling down the width of the wall with smoke coming out of them every few seconds. They rattled and shook as well.
"This way," Naruto said, heading down the hall. "You go left, Sakura right, and I'll go straight on."
"Wait, how do we get ahold of each other?" Sai asked.
"Use your abilities," I said. "Naruto send a toad or something, Sai you draw something. I'll send a slug."
"Alright," Naruto nodded. "Go!"
We took off in our assigned directions as quickly and quietly as possible. My tunnel had several wooden doors adorning its walls. Every door seemed to have a huge, iron lock on it, though. With a frustrating grunt, I seemed to be heading nowhere.
"Halt!" A voice commanded me. "Who goes?"
I stayed quiet and stood still. Think, I said. What to do? The pipes! They carry steam in them! Maybe if I puncture one while he's stepping towards me the blast will slow him down enough for me to get away.
"I said, who goes!?" His voice echoed through the tunnel.
"I do!" I yelled, turning and throwing a fist towards the pipe. The pipe's steam broke through the thin metal and in one blast the whole area was filled with steam.
"Hey!" He yelled. "Come back here!"
I took off, ignoring him. I just ran as fast as possibly could. I slammed on my heels as I round the curb and discovered a door. I shook the knob and nothing budged. I groaned and continued to run until I came to an open room. There was a large furnace with tables spread about in front of it. No one was visible in the room though so I quickly hid underneath one of the tables. Just until this guy goes away, I reminded myself. Just for a little bit.
"Where'd you go?" He asked, making his way down the tunnel then suddenly the footsteps stopped and I heard punching. The man groaned and a body hit the floor.
Stretching my neck up, I glanced over the edge of the table and saw the familiar glint of Kakashi's silver hair.
"Kakashi?" I called.
"Huh?" His head snapped around. "Sakura? What are you doing here?"
"We came to help you two," I explained, walking towards him. "Where's Sasuke?"
"He went down another tunnel," Kakashi pointed behind him. "We're looking for Jolly. Where's the others?"
"They took different tunnels than I did," I told him. "We separated after we came through the crevice Bukio brought us to."
"Where is she?"
"With one of my slugs," I responded. "She's fine, for now, and healing as she sleeps."
"Alright," He nodded. "Let's go this way. Stay with me."
I nodded and followed him as we went around the next corner where it branched off and went into three directions. Kakashi activated his Shardigan and glance down each tunnel. He pointed to the one of the left and motioned for me to follow. We came to a door with no lock. I nervously twisted the knob and opened it to a set of oak steps. Kakashi started up the steps and I followed suit.
The room was warm and smelled of marshmallows. It was pleasant and familiar. The lodge! I thought as we entered its toasty room.
"Nice of you to join me, Kakashi," Jolly's voice said from behind us. "Welcome back."