Vic

Wait.

I narrowed my eyes at Eddie, waiting for him to... do something, I suppose. Call me out. Run away. Anything. Instead, his eyes kept sweeping over our surroundings, and I realized that he hadn't seen me at all. I allowed myself a moment of relief, before Eddie pressed his lips together and kept walking. I was about to continue following him when my phone buzzed in my pocket.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Vic," Benjamin's voice blurted out. "I found him – I found the guy!"

"Eddie Louis," I said. "I know."

"So what are we going to do? I mean, the guy basically said he was out to get us."

"I know," I said, my mind puzzling over the problem. "Have you got an address?"

"Yeah. 42 Ridgway."

"Listen," I said, "tomorrow night, we need to break into his place and destroy everything he has on us. If we don't, we're screwed."

"But what if he's there? What if he catches us?"

"When we get home, I'll write an email calling for another meet. When he's out setting up the camera, we'll break in, and we'll burn the whole place down to the ground. We have to. We can't let him get in the way. You hear me, Benji? We have to stop him."

Silence floated through the line, his uncertainly clear as day.

"Benjamin? Benjamin, please, I need your help with this. You know what's at stake."

"Yeah, I know." He said, voice heavy with the knowledge. "Okay. Okay, I'm in."

"Good," I said, relief washing over me. "Meet me back at the apartment, alright? I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Got it," Benjamin said.

And he hung up.

© A.G. Travers 2015