Chapter Five | The Psycho Girlfriend Has Arrived Successfully

You'd think that twenty minutes would be considered a long time for a person to get out of a room, but I think in my general predicament, twenty minutes is a relatively quick time. Skipping over the tedious, irrelevant details, let's just say, I got out.

"If I were a six-foot tall man, where would I be," I said out loud, taking my time making my way down an abnormally long hallway.

I admit, I do consider myself slightly insane, but I think it's in the absolute best way possible. There are the psychotic people who can't take care of themselves what-so-ever, and then there's people like myself who survive from being a psychotic mess. I'm a smart kind of psycho. I use it to my advantage.

I made my way to the end of the hall and peer around the corner to be greeted by a stairwell. I pursed my lips nodding at the wooden stair case that looked as if it had just been built that day. They definitely took care of this house.

"Hm, classy," I mumble to myself as I take to the stairs. I was extremely grateful for the fact that the steps didn't squeak under my malnourished frame. I was also extremely grateful that it seemed as if no one were mewling around the pack house—or at least this level of the house. It made it much easier to get around considering I don't exactly know what I would do if I came in contact with anyone. Was Matteo's pack aware that their alpha had his rogue mate that attempted to murder their beta stashed in his bedroom? I'm going to take a wild guess and say no. Although, it would be amazing if they did. It'd make things much easier for me.

For the first time in my life, I'm pretty torn on doing something that's right for me. I could just attack anyone I came in contact with which could be risky knowing that the Caedes pack isn't exactly made up of a bunch of fairies especially those living in the pack house. They will no doubt be on top of their game having duties to the pack and the pack house to deal with every day. I can honestly say, nothing seems more boring to me than a perimeter run.

The other part of me knows just how not smart it would be for me to think that if I came in contact with a Caedes pack member that five others wouldn't follow. Five others that depending on whether or not they knew of my arrival would try to murder me before I had the opportunity to murder anyone else. I'm literally located in the heart of a pack and to think that I wouldn't be murdered on the spot if I tried anything would be 110% crazy.

Then there's also that side of me that's just like 'there's still a chance that you'll only lose like an arm and make it out of here alive, but you'll be alone.' Thus, another reason I don't want to get myself in a predicament where I would have to run. I'd have to leave Matteo.

Normally, I'd be perfectly fine with being alone. I'd been alone for so long that the thought of it had no affect on me, but for some reason the thought of leaving Matteo had my stomach dropping. I completely despised the feeling that I knew was brought on by the mate bond. Something that my parents had told my brother and I about when we were younger countless times. Something I'd always looked forward to until now. I suppose the idea of stability sounded nice in thought, but not anymore. Not now that it's actually happening.

I reached the bottom of the stairway. I smiled to myself not seeing anyone around me before I turned to my right, and my eyes unexpectedly connected with a pair of big brown ones. These big brown eyes belonged to a very tiny human.

My heart stopped in the moment. I gasped stopping dead in my tracks as the little boy in front of me watched me closely.

"A kid?" I asked aloud, "what's a kid doing here?" Obviously, the kid didn't like me much. It was as if the sound of my voice triggered an automatic alarm system inside of it's little blonde head.