Chapter Four

I straightened out my blue dress and then fixed the coat over my arms before walking towards the counter. It wasn't terribly busy, so the wait wasn't too long.

"How may I help you?" She asked me as I took my sunglasses off.

"I'm here for my meeting with Mr. Mendes, my name is Monica Ramirez." I said and then quickly signed a paper before following her.

I was even more worried than the last time I was here. Sharing a rather intimate night with Mr. Mendes wasn't very smart considering I was trying to gain the position of his assistant. Last I check, you don't sleep with your boss, or in better words, you shouldn't.

"Through this door." She said and I nodded as I looked at the familiar door. Instead of knocked like before, I set my shaking hand on the doorknob and opened it, walking in and shutting it.

"Monica, sit down." He said and I did. I could hear my heavy heart beating and my heels against the tiled flooring.

"Good morning Mr. Mendes." I said, my voice coming off stronger than I actually felt.

"Good morning," he said and smiled a bit as he folded his arms over his chest. "How have you been?" He asked me.

"Good, amazing." I said, calming down as we had a normal conversation, almost as if we were friends. "And you sir?"

"Busy, extremely busy." He said and I nodded. "What made things amazing?" He asked.

"My friend got a job as a stylist for Taylor Swift and I'm super happy for her. I met her the other day when she went to go sign contracts. It was the coolest thing ever." I said and he sat up.

"Ah, Ms. Swift, always a pleasure." He said and I nodded. He stood up and walked in front of his desk, leaning back and sitting against the dark oak.

"Do you remember, Ms. Ramirez, do you remember Friday night?" He asked me and my cheeks went red.

"I um... yes sir, I do." I said, thinking back to the dinner we had and what we did on his bedroom.

The thought made me even redder.

"Now I'm not going to nitpick the entire night and ask about it, but did you enjoy that night?" He asked me and I was at a loss for words.

I wasn't sure if this was some kind of trick question or not. Maybe he was testing me? But for what?

Regardless, the truth was always the best bet.

"I did, yeah, I enjoyed it." I said honestly as he tapped his fingers against his desk. "Did you?" I asked, somehow mustering up enough courage and confidence to let the words leave my mouth.

"I did." He said and chuckled. "Ms. Ramirez, I can't offer you the job, with little experience and knowledge on the music and business world, I can't take that chance."

I nodded and he looked at me, clearly catching how upset I was. "But," he started and I bit the inside of my cheek. "I have a proposition." He told me.

"What-What is it?"

"You need money right?" He asked and I nodded. "You want to learn more about what I do; business and music, correct?"

"Yes sir."

"I can help you with your money and education." He told me and I nodded, unsure of where this was going. "I can give you money, not a loan or a IOU, give it to you. I can teach you about how to run a business and handle the music industry."

"I understand, but what's the catch? What do you want me to do?" I asked him and he tapped his fingers on the desk.

"Ever heard of a little thing called, a sugar daddy?" He asked me and I was more than just suprised.