Chapter Six

It was too early as I fixed my lipstick, making it a simple nude color. I cut down a lot since we were just going on a flight. Rather than breaking out my contouring and eyeshadow skills, ones I learned from Kiara herself, I kept it light with lipstick, masara, and some concealer.

"Wake up. Wake up. Wake-"

Halfway through my self-scolding, I yawned loudly and covered my mouth. I swore right after and then checked my watch on my left wrist, seeing that it was ten minutes from six.

"Fuck." I grumbled and looked at my messy hair. I decided to just put it in a ponytail, leaveing the messy curls as they were.

I shoved my phone in my backpocket, my earbuds being tossed in my purse after I tied them with a hair tie to make sure they didn't tangle. Tangled earbuds are the absolute worst.

I turned off the bathroom light and then grabbed my suitcases, poking around to make sure I had what I needed. I packed a lot of clothes, deciding that if I were to be with Mr. Mendes, I'd get eaten up alive if I wore the same outside twice in one month.

Don't you just love fashion critics, jealous fans, and magazine journalists? They just always need a reason to hate someone or say something negative.

I stared at the bags, racking my mind to think of things I forgot to pack, but nothing came to mind. What Kiara liked to called my "last minute anxiety", was starting to show, and I was coming up with situations where I'd need to have stupid things on me like an old gym shirt or my dozens of hair ties that costed like two dollars all together.

I shook my head, trying to resist the urge to shove other random things in my bag, and took the two blue suitcases off of my bed. I wheeled them to the front door and turned off the lights before opening the front door. I looked at the old place and smiled.

"Goodbye, I'll be back soon." I said to the apartment, which felt like home to me, and then closed the door.

I locked it, shoving the keys in my purse, and then made my way downstairs with my bags. I saw our landlord and gave him a nod, acknowledging the fact he was staring at me. "Where are you going?" He asked me and motioned to the suitcases.

"Vacation." I lied since he always did creep me out. KiKi, Jonah, and I all hated him.

"Where to honey?"

"Somewhere." I said, staying vague and blunt. He went to walk up to me but I was already headed to the front door.

He grabbed my arm before I could leave and I let go of my suitcases to try to push him off of me. "Who do you think you're talking to missy-"

"Let me go!"

It was too early in the morning for most people to be up, so no one was here besides us two. Elderly and teenagers lived here, and neither of the two got up before the sun, there was no way you could make them either.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled once more, too caught up in trying to push him away to notice a car roll up in front of the building.

"I don't know who you think you're talking to sweetheart but-"

The door opened and the dude was ripped off of me before he could finish his sentence. "Don't you fucking touch her." I heard a familiar voice and I saw Mr. Mendes as I yanked my sleeves down. "Keep your hands off my girl, and when she says let go, you fucking let go, do you understand me?"

The landlord seemed completely shocked, either from the way he spoke to him or who he was, but either way, he just looked dumbfounded. "Not you get your ass behind that counter and stay there. You have no business, no right, to persue after a woman who told you to leave her alone."