Chapter Fourteen

- unedited xx -

"Really?"

"Yeah! It was hilarious! He used to be so insecure, and he just ran off camera!" JJ told me and I laughed. "Dude was always freaking ripped though."

"Was he?"

"He looked like twenty when he was barely like sixteen or seventeen. Muscles fucking everywhere dude." He said and laughed. "Goals."

"I can buy that. He does love staying in shape." I said and he nodded. "He loves exercising. He whines when I don't want to go to the gym with him."

"Not everyone wants muscles for days." He said and I nodded as he laughed. "We all used to be very insecure. I guess over time, it kinda fades away."

"Yeah?" I asked and he nodded. "You don't seem to sure of your words." I pushed and he laughed.

"It's nothing." He told me, shrugging it off. "It's not a big deal, just personal stuff."

"Mhm." I said, not believing him. "Is G still asleep?" I asked and he nodded.

"Is Shawn still asleep?"

"He's getting dressed, showering right now." I said and he nodded as I sat down beside him. "Look Johnson-"

"Jack-"

"There's one too many Jack's on this bus currently." I said and he laughed. "You probably won't tell me things, and I understand. We just really met yesterday. But you're funny, you're talented, and you're cute. Stop stressing over girls and your image when you got a lot of stuff going for you. Let fate take its course."

"Fate doesn't exist. Your life isn't planned out for you. You make your life, and I just don't wanna fuck up." He told me and I nudged him.

"Everone fucks up J. You just gotta learn from them. Maybe you'll make the same mistake twice, but everyone messes up. It's apart of life." I told him and he sighed.

"I guess." He said and I gave him a hug. "Thanks Monica. I kinda need that."

"Of course you did. I know what everyone needs." I joked and he laughed as I rubbed his back.

"I need a girlfriend."

"Can't help you there." I said and he nodded, telling me that he knew that. "My friends are either taken, underaged, or across country." I told him.

He laughed and shook his head, telling me he didn't need me to set him up with anyone. "Any particular reason the girl wasn't your type?" I asked, still pushing the story of this mysterious girl.

"She didn't compliment me. You're supposed to compliment one another." He said and I laughed.

"Like literally?" I asked and he shook his head. "She didn't go, 'hey Jack, nice hair'? That monster." I gasped.

"Metaphorically." He said with a roll of his eyes and I nodded as he sighed. "She liked G."

"Pardon?"

"She liked G. She hung out with me to be able to get to him, even though he has a girl.'" He said and ran a hand through his hair. "It's always G." He breathed out.

"Hey, don't think that." I said and he shrugged, his elbows resting on his knees. "Did she like straight up tell you?"

"She didn't tell me, hell no she didn't. I overheard her talking on the phone with her friends. If you're going to talk shit while you're getting dressed at that person's house, at least don't have your phone on speaker, or the necklace they bought for you around your neck." He said and I scoffed.