Chapter Nine

I woke up too early, shifting comfortably in bed as I cuddled into Mr. Mendes. His arm was wrapped around me tightly, our legs tangled under the hotel blanket. My head was buried in his chest, and his chin was on top of my head.

The only reason I woke up was because of his alarm that was blaring, but it didn't seem to wake him up.

I shook him a bit and he just hummed softly, a sign he was up but not fully awake. "Mr. Mendes, you gotta get up." I said and his lips just curled into a small smile.

"Kiss?"

"Don't even ask." I said and he shrugged as I gave him a kiss. We didn't get too into it, morning breath being the reason why.

He turned his alarm off and then pulled away. "Get dressed doll, you're coming with me." He told me and I nodded. "You can shower with me too if you want."

"Isn't it too early for sex?"

"Never." He answered and I rolled my eyes. "Come on babygirl." He told me and I pushed him back on to the bed as he sat up.

"I took a shower before bed, have fun." I said and winked at him. He laughed and told me next time, which I just shrugged.

"Okay, I really gotta get up now doll." He said and I sat up. I got up too, dressed in only his boxers, and he laughed. "A sight for sore eyes."

"The only eyes this is for is you, so feel special." I said and he told me that he does.

I put my hair into a messy bun before opening my suitcase, grabbing a pair of underwear and a bra from it. I dropped the pair of briefs I was wearing, quickly changing into my own underwear.

"Where am I even going?"

"First we're getting coffee, second to soundcheck." He answered and I nodded. I grabbed a pair of black jeans and a red lace tank-top.

I quickly pulled the articles of clothing on, the delicate lace soft against my skin. Of course it covered my chest, but the rest was slightly transparent, hugging my body the right way. I tucked it in and then threw a leather jacket on the bed to put on when I finished getting dressed.

I heard the shower start running and I opened the door to the bathroom, seeing the curtain closed. "I'm gonna fix my make-up." I said and he told me to go ahead.

I washed my face and then patted it dry slightly as I yawned softly. I started with primer, going up to foundation, concealer, and then my eyebrows.

As I was filling them in slightly, I heard singing come from the shower. I smiled to myself and looked at the shower briefly in amusement. "5 Seconds of Summer?" I asked.

"The song is catchy!"

"You're such a fangirl."

"Shouldn't you be doing your makeup, not criticizing what I sing in the shower?" He asked and I just shook my head as I put down my eyebrow pencil and brush. I began my eyeshadow and eyeliner, keeping it light since we weren't doing anything too major.

Not that it mattered honestly. I just didn't see soundcheck as a reason to go super glam.

By the time I finished, my last touch being a matte red lipstick I just got recently, the shower curtain was sliding open and revealing Shawn's naked body. "You look good." He said and I laughed.

"I could say the same to you." I told him, closing my tube of lipstick.

"I don't have anything on."

"Exactly." I pointed out and he grabbed a towel. He wrapped it around his waist and stepped out of the tub.

"Is that lipstick new?" He asked and I nodded. "I like it." He told me and I smiled.