The Secrecy Charm Broken

Orion Black was dead, and his head fell to the floor as the life went out of him.

"NO!"

The Dark Lord spun back around to find Sirius Black pushing past him. How he had managed to overthrow the freezing charm - nobody would ever know. He just had. He shoved the Dark Lord aside and threw himself to the floor beside his father, gripping his shoulders and turning him over. Sirius didn't know why he cared. After everything that had happened in the last four years, this should've been a relief, a weight off his shoulders... but he could feel his heart shattering as memories from his youngest times flooded him... He grappled at Orion's body, "Father... No."

It was quite eerie... everyone else so still, Sirius alone crying over his father's body... the Dark Lord staring on with a wholly bewildered look upon his face. It was all too clear that he couldn't understand what it was Sirius was feeling, either, and he was rendered actually speechless by it as Sirius began to cry, his face pressed against Orion Black's chest as he knelt beside him on the cold stone floor.

There was a creak at the door and Voldemort turned around.

Dumbledore and the entire Resistance had just poured through the doors. The secret keeper dead, the secrecy charm broken, they'd been able to get inside and Alastor Moody had his wand at the ready, eager to send some Death Eaters to Azkaban. Voldemort looked from Dumbledore to the dead body on the floor, made the connection, and waved his palms, sending another burst of energy through the room that was strong enough to ruffle Dumbledore's beard, releasing all the body binds on his death eaters alone - keeping the Order frozen - and disapparated.

Druella Black laughed as she wriggled from the half-spun ropes that had nearly captured her from Annalee McKinnon and Maryrose Jenkins and looked down at Alabaster Jackson, "It would've been nice to finish the job of your family," she hissed, "But I'll get you another day." And she, too disapparated.

The cloaked Death Eaters started disappearing one-by-one, hissing and groaning as they went. Moody's wand flicked fast, though, and he managed to freeze two of them before they left as he ran into the room. Someone had grabbed hold of Regulus, Severus, and even Barty on their way, taking them as side-alongs, even as Regulus had tried to run to Orion and Sirius...

McGonagall ran into the room as Dumbledore waved his wand to release the body binds on the others, and James, who'd been teetering in a duck for too long, fell forward to the floor. Lily put her hand on her face, it was still cold from Voldemort's touch and she shivered at the memory of it... Andy Woodhouse was still wailing, "I can't see! Please! Somebody! I can't see! What's happening!"

"The Resistance is here," Frank said, "Orion Black is dead."

Madam Pomfrey knelt beside Frank and said, "I'm here, Mr. Woodhouse," and she reached for his head, gently turning his face to look into his eyes, "What's caused this?"

"I think the spell he spoke was... kay-sis?" tried Ali.

"Caecus?" Pomfrey looked worried, "We've got to get you to St. Mungo's boy." She looked about, "Albus, he needs to go to Mungo's. It's the caecus."

Albus frowned. "Yes... Fabian." He reached out and caught Fabian Prewett by the shoulders, "My boy, please escort Mr. Woodhouse to St. Mungo's, immediately."

"Yes sir," Fabian said and he bent down, taking hold on Andy's arm.

"I'm coming, too," Frank said, "He's my best mate." Fabian nodded, and he grabbed onto Frank and Andy both and the three of them disappeared with a CRACK!