Chapter 33

idk maybe i'll just finish the story tonight

probably not lol and if i do there'll be another bunnymund story asap

Your shoulders felt too heavy to keep attached to your body, and his words only made it worse. It was like there was something gripping your hands and pulling them down. Any moment the skin could rip and you'd be left with nothing... 

"You shouldn't have come here..." you said to them as loudly as you dared. 

"You didn't really think we'd leave you, did ya, Snowflake?" 

You leaned heavily against the railing. "But... You're trapped." 

"They're not," Phaedrus announced. He pushed you up and shoved you forward, towards the Guardians but not close enough to feel any comfort from them. "Only you. Only darkness." 

"Please," you begged them, "Just go while you can..." 

Bunny wasn't even immortal - how strong was he now? What limitations had been placed on Jack? How had their weakness affected the others? There was too much you didn't know, and it made you feel exposed. 

Phaedrus stepped in front of you, swishing his cape in front of your feet. He radiated power, and it made you stumble. You flinched and tried to stay standing. Bunny stepped towards you, but Phaedrus wrapped him in shadows and kept him next to the rest of the Guardians. 

"Hmm..." Phaedrus murmured. "Let's see how interesting we can make this..." 

He waved his hand, and a large divide formed between you and the Guardians. It began to stretch until there was a huge crevice separating you from them. Bricks from the castle began tumbling down, and somewhere to your right you heard the echo of rock against rock. 

"(Y/N)!" North called. 

You looked up. He unsheathed a sword, then hurled it over the trench. You dove for it and caught the weapon, then drew it against you. Immediately you felt strength surge into your bloodstream. 

"That won't save you, (Y/N)," he said, almost pleading. "They can't help you anymore!" 

You gripped the sword tighter and focused on gathering strength from it - from them. But then you felt the ground beneath you move, and suddenly you were surging upwards. You scrambled to the edge and watched as you were pulled away from them once more. The ceiling shook and more debris fell. 

"You guys need to leave!" you yelled down. You scrambled to your feet and kept an eye on Phaedrus while talking to them. 

"Jack," North said, "Take them." 

"North - " 

"Now." 

They disappeared in a snow globe twirl. All but North and Bunny. 

"Go on!" you screamed down at the pair, who stood at the entrance to the cavern. "Leave!"

"I won't leave you here!" Bunny replied, his voice cracking. He didn't move, but the ground shook once more. Bits of dust and rock began to fall, slowly at first.

"You have to, Bunny!" 

Phaedrus grabbed you by your shoulders. The sword fell from your hand and down below. You heard it clatter on the ground once more. 

"I'm sick and tired of your lovey-dovey romance with this damn rabbit..." Phaedrus growled, pushing you closer to the edge. You struggled against him, but couldn't get out of his grip. "I don't need you anymore..." 

"I thought... You were my father..." you said. You'd never believed it, but maybe you wanted to - at least slightly. Maybe you wanted to see goodness in him after all. 

"I am, dear... But I never wanted a daughter." 

He pushed you. And you fell down, down, down...

SHORT CHAPTER I KNOW I'M UPDATING AGAIN TONIGHT DON'T MURDER ME