2. An Arising Conflict

VIC'S POV

"Hey, you can't give up that easily. How long have you and she been together? Way too long to give up for sure", I said. Just some girlfriend problems. No biggie. I can handle that.

"No.. I don't think you understand", he said in a low tone as he looked away.

"Well help me to", I told him.

He stayed silent for a long while before sighing and speaking again. "I'm.. gay".

*****

I was stuck. Did he really just admit to me that he was gay? Oli Sykes? Gay? What?

"Uhm.. I.. I.. uh.."

"It's okay", he said as he looked down at his feet. "I didn't really expect you to know what to say after that", he told me.

"Oli.. I.. when did you realize it?", I asked quietly simply to try to remove myself from the awkward situation again. 

"I dunno. A month ago maybe".

"Maybe your feelings are temporary..", I suggested.

"I wish. I've tested that theory and that isn't the case".

"You know, there's nothing wrong with being gay", I casually just threw out there.

"Everybody thinks I'm a tough guy", he said slowly while still looking at his feet. 

"You don't have to tell anyone until you're totally positive about it", I suggested again.

"Everyone will make fun of me".

"They won't. That's a pretty touchy topic and I'm sure they won't".

"My band will make jokes about it", he sighed.

"Well I won't", I stated solidly and he looked up for the first time since we started talking and gave me a small grin.

"I know you won't".

"And how do you know that?", I asked with a smile.

He shrugged. "There's something about you.. I don't know what it is but there's just something about you that just.. well, I trust you. But that's gotta be pretty obvious since I'm telling you any of this in the first place, right?". 

I looked away and shrugged. "Sure. I guess".

"Hey, Sykes and Fuentes!", someone yelled and we turned to find Ronnie Radke, from Falling in Reverse, walking towards us.

"What's up man?", I asked and reached out to give him a bro hug while Oli never removed his hands from his pocket. 

"Everybody's getting together tonight at a huge bonfire that we're gonna create. I just wanted to let you guys know what was up cause I wanna see you there", he said as he began walking on towards Danny, Alan, and Jack who were standing at a distance from us.

"Will do", I shouted behind him although I wouldn't be there. I was going to spend my night with Kellin. "Oli? Going to the bonfire?", I asked.

He shook his head. "I doubt it. I just wanna get some rest tonight". I nodded my head in understanding. 

"I'll catch you later then man. You have my number. I'm just a text or a phone call away", I said as I began backing away again.

"Thanks. See ya", he said and finally took his hand out of his pocket just long enough to wave goodbye and just like that, I was off to find my lover. He promised me that we could spend the evening together.