06| A Panicked Reunion

Chapter Six: A Panicked Reunion

May 2018

"I'm going to the kitchen to make breakfast! Holler if you need me!" she yelled as she sauntered into the kitchen, grogginess from the sleep she never had clouding her mind.

Using the back of her hands she rubbed her sleep-ridden eyes, then got to work. She started making blueberry pancakes for Jason and bread with strawberry melon jam for her, she knew she didn't have enough batter to make any for her.

Her stomach grumbled in annoyance.

She quickly arranged everything on two plates and took them in a tray to the room she and her brother shared. She looked around the room with the sour walls she'd always wanted to re-paint and sighed heavily. Then she noticed her brother finding it difficult to lift himself off the bed. She sighed once again, but this time it wasn't a frustrated sigh.

"It isn't illegal to ask for help you know." She said, giving him a wary smile.

"I can do this." He proclaimed. He placed his arms just behind him and tried to lift himself up, but his efforts were all in vain, for his paralyzed legs would not budge.

She shook her head in an amused annoyance and walked towards him, not before placing the tray on the table that was near his bed.

She helped him up, and quickly yet efficiently placed him on his wheelchair. She huffed after she was done, stretching her aching arms. Fifteen-year-old boys were very heavy, and the waitressing gala that she had been entailed to the previous night, just made carrying her brother, or carrying anything for that matter ten times more pleasurable than it used to be.

She then carried the tray out of the room and towards the hall, her brother just at her footsteps. She quickly pushed away all the magazines that lay on the small dining table that filled most of the apartments hall and placed the tray on top.

"Dig in." she laughed, looking at her brother's hungry blue eyes.

He didn't have to be told twice.

She picked up the magazines, seating herself next to her brother, who was gobbling up all the pancakes like they were heaven on earth. She chuckled at him, but her eyes were distracted by what she saw on the front page.

It had a picture of a man covering his face by putting his hand in front of the camera. She turned to the page that the front page prescribed, to get the whole scoop.

She scanned through the article, the few pictures that blotted the page catching her attention.

Strangely, all the pictures of him did not show his face.

She had to admit one thing though- he had the body of a Greek God.

Billion Dollar Surprises

- Agatha Wallace

Twenty-Eight-year-old Terrance Hart, America's latest self-made billionaire and teenage heartthrob, raided the attention of the media, treating them with one of his rare appearances, at the New York Charity Ball. The New York Charity ball is a fundraiser conducted by the Sunrisers, a group of sophisticated yet classy young women for the poor and underprivileged orphans that live in the States. He arrived with Sophia Carmelo, Victoria Secret's top model, who was wearing a gorgeous crystal blue floor length gown. Mr. Hart himself was decked in an immaculately tailored black Armani suit, with a stunning Hermes red tie. The billionaire himself, a man of few words, quoted only the following mysterious words on account of his appearance at the fundraiser;