22| The Bloody Plan [Part I]

Date Updated: 22nd April 2019

Twenty Two: The Bloody Plan - Part 1

Ryan climbed up the stairs of the villa he'd driven up to, forty percent nervous and sixty percent terrified.

But he would be cool.

And cold.

And calculating.

At least until he had May in his arms, away from all of these insane lunatics.

Then he'd have a breakdown and get himself admitted into a mental institution. He'd probably be safer there. Maybe he could get May to come visit every now and then.

God, the entire ordeal was driving him crazy.

In reality though, after the entire thing was over and done with he was going to get as far away from Merriborne as he could. Maybe he could set up another branch of 'Hart automobiles' in Canada.

And May?

She didn't want to be with him anyway.

But I can never love the face of my parents killer. Never again.

It doesn't matter if you did it or not,

He shook his head. He had to focus. He had to have his wits about him, or his entire plan would fall to pieces and he would be left amid their ashes wondering why. He just hoped Jason was ready.

It looked like a Spanish villa.

An Italian man walking up to a Spanish villa, owned by an Irishman, where an American girl was held captive by a French madman.

He would have laughed at the sound of it had he not been so anxious to keep his emotions schooled.

He reached out and pressed the bell that stood ominously at the side of the front door.

Not even a second later the door was opened by a tall, bald-headed man decked in a butler's outfit. His moustache moved when he spoke. "I presume you are the special guest Mr. Thorne is expecting?"

"Yes," he replied.

The man stepped aside, and Ryan walked through the front door and into the hall behind it.

"Right this way," the man said, guiding him through the house and thus depriving him of the opportunity to thoroughly examine his surroundings. Men in black suits like the one from the apartment hung around in corners of the house.

He counted. About ten just all the way to the room he was to meet Thorne in. He couldn't take down all of them. He'd have to use his wit; not his fists.

"Here we are." They entered a room that was decorated in lush shades of gold and red.

"You liked cutting it close don't you? Allo mon ami,"

The man sat on an unearthly shade of red coloured sofa. His grey hair was swept up in a ponytail and wore a black dress shirt and a pair of dark grey slacks. The most striking feature about him was his dark violet eyes. They looked cold. Calm. But there was this vicious twinkle in them that could only be characterized as crazed.

"Thorne," came the ice-cold reply. "Where is she?"

"Straight to business I see," he replied, sending him a grin that sent chills running down his spine. "Marvin, get us some tea would you?"

For one entire second Marvin looked uneasy, as if he knew he was leaving Ryan with a dangerous man. But as soon as that look came, it passed and the butler nodded at them and promptly left, closing the door behind him.