Chapter Three

Scotty's P.O.V

I woke up in the same bed as before. "I never realized I had such a tendency to pass out so much" I mumbled to myself while I groggily rub the sleep away from my eyes. I get up slowly and stretch my stiff muscles. I sigh in relief as I hear my body crack and feel the warm sensation of relief floods through me. I look around and see that I am all by myself. I open a door and, luckily enough, it leads to the hallway. Looking around I see the gold trim and accents around the hallways and give a little sigh, feeling sorry for myself. This is a high-rank hallway. Let me explain. The pack house is divided up into various sections. Since most people don't live here but need to stay if there is an emergency or just need a place to crash, they go to a floor with their rank. If you are just an everyday pack member, you go the floor with bronze trim and accents. If you are a warrior, a healer, or someone that actually helps and provides something for the pack, then you go to a floor with silver trim and accents. As you can already guess, if you are a high ranking were such as an Alpha, Beta, Gamma, or a type of leader, you go to a floor with gold trim and accents.

Most members use the pack house as a congregation area. A safe place to be or just have fun. I quickly leave their quarters after grabbing my bag, run as quietly as I can through the halls till I reach the back door and start making the trek to go to my own. My home is about a 30-minute walk from the pack house. My dwelling contains a small tattered old mattress and a small desk to work on. It wasn't much but it was enough for me. Thanks to my work doing odd jobs over the years I was able to maintain myself quite well if I say so myself. I didn't get an allowance like the others. The pack teaches us early on the value of money. You would be given an amount of money, depending on your age, and it was your job to double it at the end of the month. Doesn't really matter since I am 18 and would have stopped getting it anyways. It's no matter anyways. As soon as I finish my schooling this year I am leaving and never coming back to this wretched place. I need to take a break for myself. Grabbing my phone and earbuds, I start my journey to the waterfall. After about 45 minutes of walking, I slowly hear the water as it crashes again the rocks and water below it. The sound is enough to bring a small smile to my face. Instead of going straight towards the waterfall, I make a small turn left of it and head to my valley.

I call this my valley because it soothes me and as far as I know am the only one that comes here. This valley is overflowing with an abundance of Violets. To get to the valley there is a small ledge about three or four feet off the ground overlooking the small valley. I take my normal spot at the edge of the cliff and start swinging my legs. I couldn't help the childish giggle that escapes my lips. This is my happy place. I can be myself, or anyone else if my imagination allows it. I'm able to just drift off here and let my guard down. I wish I never had to leave here. Sometimes I let my thoughts drifted wonder what it would be like if I never did leave this place. Search for me? Would they let me be? They'd never let me leave. This is my punishment. Getting comfortable, I take out my phone and press shuffle.

"Chalk Outline" by Three Days Grace comes on and I can't help but hum along. Music has always been a great outlet for me. It was easy to find songs that matched my moods and tones wonderfully. It allowed me to express all the feelings I have to keep inside, if I want to live, without ever needing to lash out. It has allowed me lots of breathing room when it comes to the difficult subject of my emotions. I wonder if I could get a job rating music? Probably not. Maybe I could go on the road he picked up by strangers and recommend music maybe that's how I could travel. that's not very safe though. Some things can't be helped I suppose, maybe I'm just meant to be here for the rest of my miserable existence. Maybe will take pity on my existence one day soon kill me. Who knows for sure.

I am brought out of my head and the serenity of my environment when I hear the snap of a branch. I quickly stand up from my spot on the ground and take up a defensive position and turn in the direction I thought I heard the noise come from. A moment of tense silence passed before slowly as if trying to not scare me, three of the most gorgeous wolves I have ever seen emerged from the tree line. I was stunned, to say the least.

The largest one was at least 6'5. He's huge. His fur is as black as the night sky with a spot of white surrounding his nose and the top if his snout.

The second largest to the right is about 6'3. His fur is the color of the fading dawn sky, a black that is slowly making way for a brighter tomorrow and has a white spot over his right eye.

The smaller on to the left but still bigger than me is about 6'2. He is the color of smoke itself and has a spot of white over his left eye.

A wolfs height is determined by their height when they are human and a wolfs look, i.e. fur color and patterns correspond with that of their mate or mates. It is like a puzzle piece. When you are together you fit perfectly, as one. When you are separate, part of you is left with them and vice versa. They all came to a stop about three feet from me. I couldn't tear my eyes away from them. They were so magnificent. My face felt as if it were lit ablaze as I blushed madly when I realized that I had been so blatantly staring at them. Dang, I am such a geek. Oh well. Why are they here though? How did they find me? I ask a lot of questions.

I am once again ripped from my thoughts when out of nowhere, they start growling in anger. I look at them with a hint of fear in my eyes as well as confusion. It was then I felt the pressure and buzzing in the back of my head. My eyes widen to the size of saucers out of fear as I come to understand that I blocked out all communication. I'm so dead. I open my mind's door and was bombarded with questions instantly. They are giving me a headache as they are trying to shout over the other to get their questions heard first. I rub my temples gingerly and the questions abruptly stop. I guess they got the idea. I give them a small, grateful smile. As I was about to ask what they wanted I was interrupted by a growl from behind. The growl seemed oddly familiar as it sent tendrils of fear through my body, but I pushed it to the back of my mind. I turn around only to come face to face with...