Chapter 1

I ran out of the house as fast as I could, only being 4 and not being able to run very fast. But I still tried. My parents weren't my biggest fans but the Winchesters were and even though they had baby Sammy who is 6 months tomorrow, they still welcomed me into their home. I think it was for Dean's benefit though. Just so he doesn't go insane as I have seen many times before. So, I was going there to get away from my home that held my parents.

It wasn't like they didn't know where I was going. They've always known that I went there when I left the house. They just didn't come for me straight away so, I usually stop running when I get 3 houses down from mine.

When I reached the Winchester's home, I knocked on the door loudly. As much as I knew them like the back of my hand, I still knocked. Then Mary would tell not to and to just walk in. Her reasoning being that I'm practically family. And that's exactly what happened. She's never harsh about it though. Her name is Mary Winchester, she always smiles and she's always happy. It's rare when she yells.

"I'm sorry. I guess it just turns into a habit." I apologise and she smiles down at me and brings me into the living room where Dean and baby Sammy are. Dean's a day older than me but that has never stopped me. Then baby Sammy, well I'm way older than him. He's only a baby so I'm 4 years older than him.

"Ellie!" Dean yells and I smile, hugging him back as he hugs me. I look to Sammy and say a quiet hello to him, making him smile and continue to play on his mat. Dean was playing cars on his carpet city and insisted that I play with him. Never being able to put down his offers I said yes and he gave me my favourite car.

I've never really been one of those girls who likes pink and only pink so, on my birthday this year, Mary bought me a purple and black car that stayed here at the Winchesters home. This was only because my younger brother, whom I didn't get along with, keeps on stealing all my toys.

"Thanks." I say to Dean and he nods and starts making car noises. I just follow my car behind him, completely silent. Eventually we both get sick of that so, we go and play outside. But then Mary calls dinner and we have to go inside.

John had also returned from his job as a mechanic and was quite tied but still managed a smile when he saw me.

"Ellie! How are you?" He asks me as we sit down. The table formation was always the same. Me between Dean and Sammy, who was always at the corner so that Mary could feed him, then Mary and John. It was like this almost every night because that's how much I would get into a fight with my mum and dad or that's how long I would stay here. I even have my own room here. And a small closet from clothes that I've left here and haven't been bothered to take back.

"Yeah. I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm good. Did you get into another fight?" He asks me and I nod before having a mouthful of mash potatoes. Mary's mash potatoes were always my favourite.

"Yep." Then conversation was dropped and no one spoke, and silence filled the room. The only noise was the sound of knives and forks clashing against plates and Sammy's joy filled giggles every time he got some potato. It was honestly quite adorable.

After dinner, Dean had a bath then I did and we ended up hanging out in my room, talking about the fight I'd had with my parents today. As much as we were both 4, we were both great therapists to each other since there are times where we switched positions. Dean's things were never as bad as mine but they still disturbed him and that was ok. It made me smile every time we talked about these things. Then we both got tired and it was time to go to bed. This happened just as John came in to tell us it was time to go to bed.