He Can't Help But Stare (Cain x fem!Winchester reader)

It had been so long since Cain had felt this kind of pull toward anyone. Now, here he was, openly staring at you. You were a hunter, but there was more to it. Another reason for Cain to worry about the pull he felt. You were a Winchester. Sam and Dean's sister to be exact. It was wrong on so many levels. Cain was the Father of Murder. A demon and Knight of Hell. He was the very thing you hunted. In fact, you tried to kill him the first time you met.

After that, you and Cain had become friends. Cain was quiet and understanding, not like any demon you'd ever met before. Now, sitting at the kitchen table with your brothers, Cain couldn't help but stare at you. You were standing at the counter, in the middle of baking a pie for Dean. A strand of your (h/c) hair fell from your hair tie into your face. You reached up and pushed it back with the back of your wrist, getting flour all over your forehead.

"You're getting more flour on your face than you are in the pie, little sister," Dean said with a chuckle. You glared playfully at him. "Do you want this pie or not, Dean Winchester?" Dean closed his mouth and you laughed. You always knew which buttons to push. Sam's laughter joined yours and even Cain had to chuckle softly, his eyes never leaving you.

You looked up and gave him a wink before turning your attention back to the pie. Sam and Dean exchanged a glance, having one of their silent conversations. "Sammy and I are going on a run. Need anything?" You shook your head, focusing more on the pie crust in front of you than on your brother's voice. Dean scoffed softly and walked out of the room. Sam got up to follow, stopping on his way past Cain and whispering, "You should talk to her."

Cain glanced up at him. "You spend enough of your time staring at her, she's going to figure it out eventually." Cain furrowed his brows. "I am a demon," he stated plainly. Sam nodded. "I know, but I can't really say anything about that. Besides, I know you wouldn't be using her like Ruby used me." With that, Sam left the room. Cain's cerulean gaze traveled back over to you, to find your (e/c) already looking at him. "What was that about?" Cain shook his head and left the room. He couldn't spend another moment staring at you or he would do exactly what Sam had suggested.

You watched him go in confusion. You made a mental note to talk to him about it when the pie was done. You finished your task, unaware of Cain on the other side of the wall, listening to you singing to yourself. As you worked, your thoughts kept wandering back to Cain, as they always did. You hadn't meant to fall for him, but you had. You just couldn't say anything. Not with your brother's being who they were. So, you kept your little crush to yourself. His ignoring you still hurt.

Once the pie was finished, you set it on the counter to cool and decided to go into the library. Cain was already there reading when you got there. "Cain?" He glanced up at you and gave you a small smile. "Did I do something?" He blinked in surprise. "Of course not. Why would you ask such a question?" You sighed. "You've been ignoring my questions lately. Leaving the room without speaking to me."

It was Cain turn to sigh. "My dear Y/N, you have done nothing. I leave the room because I'm not certain I can control myself around you." You cocked your head to the side. "Control yourself? Do you mean the Mark?" Cain shook his head. "No, Y/N. I mean the pull I feel toward you. I haven't felt anything like it since Colette and I cannot put you in danger."

"I'm a hunter. I'm always in danger, but that doesn't explain the glaring, Cain." Cain closed his book, laughing. He stood up and crossed the room to where you were standing. "I was not glaring, Y/N. I was staring. I can't help it. You command my attention whenever you're in the room. I...hesitate to use the word love, but I fear that is what I feel for you although I admit it has been hundreds of years since I felt that way."

"You idiot," you mumbled before your hand went to the back of his neck. "I love you too." You pulled him to you and pressed your lips to his, slowly and gently. Cain was taken aback by just how gentle you were being. He never would have associated that with you, the rough and tumble Winchester. Your lips molded to his effortlessly and Cain had to wrap his arms around you to keep himself on earth. One large hand rested on the small of your back while the other moved to cup your cheek.

Just as you were about to deepen the kiss, a voice made you break apart. "Son of a bitch!" You glanced over to find your brothers standing there. Sam had a smirk on his face and Dean's expression was a cross between grossed out and "I'm going to kill you". Your face grew warm and you buried it in Cain's chest. He gazed down at you and smiled softly.

Cainstepped back and took your hand in his. Ignoring your brothers, Cain lead yououtside the bunker where his truck was parked. He opened the tailgate of thetruck and gestured for you to climb in. You did and Cain followed. Leaning overyou, Cain was still smiling, a look foreign on his typically stoic face."I love you, Y/N." You beamed up at him just before he pressed hislips to yours again. He pulled back and laid down next to you. You gazed up atthe stars, but Cain? Cain stared at you. He just couldn't help it.��3�K