Flower boy

8:30
Every morning Josh went on a walk with his dog at exactly 8:30.

It was the perfect time, not to early, not to late.

On this particular morning, Josh headed out, grabbed his coat ( cause it was 30 degrees f) and slipped his headphones in.

He never really saw anyone because he lived in a fairly quiet neighborhood, but he saw someone that captured his attention.

A boy, approximately 25 years old, with a red flannel slung over his tall,limp body, with black jeans that fitted his slim legs perfectly. He had headphones in and gloves on to keep his fingers from the frigid weather.

But by far the most captivating this was his face. He had dark brown eyes,and flawless skin, but he wasn't smiling or even looking remotely happy. He almost looked like a beautiful walking ghost.

Josh could see right through him. His perfect face hung low and his head was held almost completely down.

Before Josh could grab his attention, he was already walking past him with his head hung low.

The next day. 8:30 am

Joshua was yearning to go on his walk today. He basically ran out the door with the dog leash in his hand, and an attempt to talk to the boy.

The night before, Josh could barely keep his mind off the boy. He decided to give him a name ; flower.

He did this because the description fit him perfectly. Flowers are beautiful, but if you don't give them the protection and care they need, that begin to wilt. And sometimes even die.

Josh anxiously walked down the familiar pathway, clutching the leash tight as his breath picked up at an abnormal rate.

He peered up from his black nike shoes to meet the presence of young man. The young man.

He was about 10 feet away and Josh wanted to take the chance to talk to him. He didn't want to come off creepy so he just looked up and smiled; not getting one in return from flower boy. Just a slight nod as his feet began to pick up the pace.

Josh had a worried expression on his face.

Did I scare him?
Is he okay?
What's wrong?
Did I make him nervous?

The thoughts only made him more sick to his stomach,so he put in some headphones to try to drain out the anxiety pooling in his stomach.

The next day 8:30

Josh was going to make a move today. Nothing was going to stop him, not even his anxiety.

He walked for a little while until he got to the all to familiar street.

There he was, with the same sad expression and the same beautiful face.

This time he was wearing a mustard yellow hoodie and the same skinny jeans. There was a black beanie settled atop of his perfect-fluffy hair, and his hood pulled up over it.

As they were drawing closer, Joshua mentally prepared himself for the upcoming encounter.

When flower boy was behind him, josh tapped on his bony shoulder.

The boy whipped around and pulled his headphones out.

"Oh thank god" he said, with a look of relief on his face.

Josh looked at him with a confused expression.

"I've been waiting for you to talk to me these past couple days, and you finally got the balls"

Joshua was struck. He couldn't believe the sad boy with a shy persona was saying these exact words to him.

"Um- i- oh god sorry, I'm josh" he stuck out a hand to the beautiful boy to return a soft hand with calloused fingers in his.

"Tyler" he said, a soft giggle leaving his lips.

"I don't really know where to go with this but uh-" josh began.

"Give me your number pretty boy" he said, staring at me with a smirk
-
-
-
I'm back! I was off for a really long time lmao but I just didn't have motivation. I would just like to remind you guys that this book is not on schedule. It makes things really stressful when it is. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed :)))

Stay street xx