Chapter 29: Party Heat

"Amy.'

" I said I was sorry Claire!! I didn't mean it!!"

"Oh sure! Please! You really think that low of me!!?"

"No, I don't! I was joking!"

"Joking!? You think joking about suicide is the best way to fit in!? Your fucking sick!!" I stomp out of the bathroom. Music blares in the house.

I Went to the party. Not with Amy though, with Lucas. He has no clue about the group chat and the fresh cuts. And i'de like to keep it that way.

Nick approached me earlier, he tried apologizing. But I flipped him off and went on my way.

There was alcohol at the party. Of course. I didn't drink, but I know Lucas has, looks like I'll be driving him home.

Some people were smoking. And Amy was apart of that some. She tried telling me she didn't mean what she said in that chat. But I didn't fall for that bullshit.

I finally find a place to sit, I examine the house. People dancing, drinking, kissing. I hate parties, their always filled with drugs, beer, cigars, and sex. Just, ew.

I havnt seen Lucas anywhere. I'm ready to go home. I cut there oceans of people. I see a couple in a corner, making out.

But then I look closer.

Its Amy

But who is she with?

Oh my god.

Oh

My

God

"What the fuck!?" I shout. My eyes started getting glassy. Amy stops kissing Lucas, they both look at me.

Amy smirks

And Lucas realizes he just fucked up

I dart outside. The night sky darkens the yard, making it hard to see.

"Claire! Wait!!" Lucas ran after me.

I keep running. Lucas grips my wrist. I wince in the sudden shock, then turn around and jerk out of his hold.

"Let me explain." He breaths.

"Explain!? Are you going to explain to me why your all over Amy!? Then sure! Go ahead! Explain!" I crossed my arms.

"She kissed me first!"

"Oh ya? Why didn't you pull her off!? Huh!?" I yell, Lucas faces down.

"I just want you to know, that bitch you had your lips all over, would very much like to see me jump off a building! And some others too! So go back in there with your new slut! Cause I'm fucking done with you and everyone else's bullshit!!" I screech.

"Are you.. Breaking up with me?" Lucas speaks softly.

"Well that would be the most logical solution!"

"Please, Claire. I tried getting her of off me! I did! She kept coming back! I'm sorry!"

"Sorry doesnt fucking cut it genius!" I laugh in a unsettling way. "You know what, I honestly though you care, but your exactly like that the others." I whisper the end. "I hope you got what you wanted 'babe' "  I turned around and walk away.

I walk my way home

And I'll always walk

Maybe I'll get lucky

Maybe I'll walk to the edge of the earth

And fall