Mr. Black - You Are Not My Type

Friday was the full moon and for the first time since becoming Animagi, Sirius did not want to go. He wouldn't ever say that to Remus, of course. He knew if he did Remus would tell him to stay in the castle, knew Remus would gladly martyr himself to keep Sirius happy, and he didn't want Remus to even make the suggestion. Good people go with their werewolf boyfriends to the woods to face bazillions of Dementors, after all. So instead of saying he didn't want to go, Sirius made a production of it - making a big deal out of packing his stuff for the night out in the Shack and telling Remus how safe he was gonna be because Sirius would be bloody sure to fight any and all dementors that came anywhere near them. "I'll blast 'em!" he insisted, even when Peter reminded him that blasting them would do no good.

The boys had their sacks all full and Peter had gone and returned from the kitchens with thick sandwiches and bottles of pumpkin juice. Sirius packed a bottle of Firewhiskey "to pass the time" and they laughed as they jammed their limbs into thick jackets and sweaters and wound their scarves about their necks. They could already hear the wind howling as it caught the turrets - they were in for a cold one...

On the way out to the Whomping Willow, James spotted Maryrose leaning against the wall in the entrance hall, talking to Regulus Black, who looked quite stressed. James waved and Maryrose waved back, making Regulus turn around. His eyes lit up when he saw the Marauders and he ran over, "Sirius!" he exclaimed.

"Not now, Reg," Sirius growled and he hurried up toward the door.

Regulus slowed to a stop and frowned at Sirius's back as he and Remus and Peter ducked out into the swirling snow. James came to a stop at the foot of the stair and paused, waving Peter on, "I'll catch you up," James said, and Peter shrugged and let the door close behind him. James turned to Regulus. "Does Sunday work for you?"

Regulus looked up in surprise. "He said yes? He said he'd meet with me?"

James carefully said, "I told you I'd talk to him about it. Does Sunday work?"

Maryrose stared on, a little teeny bit of guilt in her eyes.

Regulus nodded excitedly, "Yes. Yes Sunday works! Sunday is perfect! Any day at all!" He was practically jumping out of his skin for all the happiness he felt. Sirius was going to talk to him! Regulus had posed the offer to James and it had seemed crazily far-fetched that James Potter could possibly talk his stubborn, pig-headed brother into doing it, but he supposed if anyone had had a chance at doing it, it would be James - his brother's best mate. Regulus said, "Thank you."

James almost felt guilty for how excited Regulus was. "You remember you're telling me about Snape in return, yeah?" he pressed.

"Yes," Regulus nodded eagerly, "Yes. Anything you want to know about Snape. I'll tell you everything! Just -- thank you."

James nodded, "Yeah. Not a problem. See you Sunday, then."

"Yes. Sunday. Where?"

"Erm... the dungeons," James decided, "Down by the dock in that little lagoon... where they keep the boats."

Regulus nodded, "Alright. Perfect."

"See you." James hurried away, trailing after Peter, Remus, and Sirius. He sloshed through the snow, his trainers soaking through to his socks and the wind carrying ice crystals that stuck to his face and clothes and he found the other three were waiting for him under the Whomping Willow, where Peter had transformed to run under and hit the knot with his tiny rat feet and Remus was in the hole to the tunnel already, trying to fend off the cold. "Sorry," James said, hurrying to follow them as Peter squeaked in annoyance and Sirius slid down into the tunnel to join Rey. "Got held up a mo'."