Part 15

We returned to Kolkata with Pulu, much to my parent's surprise. Actually they seemed a little irritated. I don't know, I might be wrong, but they were a little irritated with Pulu.

Pulu's results got out and she well, my wife passed with mere 89%, much to her surprise. Ask me, I was actually surprised she cracked over sixty. Who couldn't even crack a stupid mathematical problem, notched 89%??? Everything of my face widened up. But she was almost at verges of crying. Well I earned 80%, and her this crying was making me self conscious. Anyways my parents were way beyond happy. I made poker faces at their out of the world hopes with their Poulee! Almost every oh-so-knowledgeable neighbour popped up in our house! And once again none was not even asking me! I mean I was her husband after all. I decided to sprint outside.

"89!!! Wow!!! Your wife is more intelligent than you dude!" Sumedh grinned widest.

I made a face at him. "Eureka!!!" I exclaimed "happy now? Now shut up and eat!" I snapped and spooned some noodles. He chuckled in a disgusting way.

"but he is actually right!" Arun joined him laughing aloud. I hate my friends!!!

"To?" I flinched. "She is my wife!" I don't know why I said that. But I did, only to gear up my friend's laughter session. I made a face.

"What so funny! I don't get!" I heard Suvro suddenly. "what so funny in this? Arun Butu earned better marks than you, you laughed at that time?" Suvro made that serious face of a school monitor, he used to make in class. But I felt smiling. You know so many times I wanted my best friend back. And some time we use to behave like we never broke apart. But then.

"Why are so serious Suvro! We are just joking!" Arun shrugged grinning.

"well it's not one!" Suvro mouthed sternly and his gaze shifted at Sumedh, who smirked at him in a way and shook his head. I frowned. This two of my friends were still wired with each other. They used to behave with each other as if they were in some secret challenge. A cold war as if they were dwelling.

"Oh! Stop it guys!!!" Tuli entered her room with a tray full of munchies. We were at her house. "stop fighting!"

"we are not fighting!" Arun growled.

"Shut up! Then why were you screaming?" She smacked his shoulder.

"Are...!" Arun opened his mouth.

"We were not fighting Veerangana (Heroic woman)!" Sumedh smiled at Tuli almost singing that sentence and took her one hand. While her cheeks burned up with a red hue.

"Oooooo...!" I hooted and Arun joined me.

"I am going!" Suddenly Suvro's voice turned all of our head at him. He almost howled in a low tone and strolled at the door.

"what happened?" I mouthed idiotically someone inside me guessed a tremendous answer. He looked at me.

"huh? Are but where are you going? You haven't even eat something Suvu!" Tulika said. Like pleading or something. Suvro looked at her with a pained gaze. "Kheye ja (eat first)!" I heard Tuli's murmur. Both of theme were dialoguing looking at each other in a instance way. And Suvro, his gaze were errr...

WHAT THE FUCK WAS GOING ON!!!!!!!!

I looked at Sumedh. He was looking down nowhere still gripping one of Tuli's hand.

I looked at Arun and jumped my brows a little asking what. He eyed Suvro then Tuli, then Sumedh then again Tuli and rolled his eyes in confusion.

"I need to go!" Suvro sprinted out...

***

I was going through the latest anatomy chapter, the professor described last day. Sometimes it maddened me seriously about the creator, how that power was actually! He or she, creating each cell with utter care, the person provided their guard even. I know I am a science student, and I should just decline such nonsense thoughts, but knowing those organs I didn't know how to not but gasp in astonishment.

Anyways I was studying when my wife walked into my room.

"Emmm..." She was not calling me "Butuda!" since that disgusting trip to her uncle's house. All thanks to my in laws.

When Pulu called me to hand me the tea cup the next morning as usually in her babyish palter with "Butuda!", the entire clan giggled up almost, throwing us in shock.

"Ei Pulu, why do you call him dada?" My elder sister in law giggled.

"cause he is elder than me!" My wife informed them matter of factly widening her already big eyes, only to increase their laughter session burning my ear.

"To? He is your husband, don't call him 'Dada'. Idiot girl!"

And I didn't know what more they said, cause I dashed out from there, but since then my wife changed. And I didn't like it. She became big suddenly. Idiot!

Anyways!

I continued my work and she walked towards my table and stood at the edge of it. Her hair grew till her mid back, and it was a little less curly but wavy than before.

"I am going Karshiang." I heard her.

And with great effort, how much, I know only, I stayed calm, doing my work.

"Umm... I am going to boarding!!!" She scretched a little as I didn't reply. And she turned away with a little grumpy sulking face, and stood infront of my study skeleton. "Helo skeletonji, please convey my message to this person, that if he is trying to ignore me then try a little bit more, cause with this acting even a boy of five can tell that how much is pretendence in this oh-so-I-am-studying gesture!" She huffed posing her hands at waist. I bit my upper lip as it was bending in a idiotic smile.

"excuse me have you completely gone mad!" I barked at her trying hard for that stern face.

"excuse me you have ears!!! Wow!" She clapped mocking me.

I made poker face. "you were talking to me?"

"are you seeing someone else in this room?"

"I have a name!"

"that..." She pursed her lips, 'I wanna kiss them' my idiotic mind bubbled, "a very bad name you have! Butu! What does that mean even?" She made a dirty face.

"It's... Emm... It's a name... What Pulu means..."

"Pulu is Putul as in doll. Soft doll!" She almost cut me jumping up.

"Yessa! Exactly! Stuff toy!" I smriked. "exactly suits you."

"like Faltu chele! Suits you!" She faked a smile. I made a face.

"get lost!" I barked.

"yea! I am..." She mumbled. "I am taking admission in Karshiang convent school!" She mouthed again. I kept looking at her. "you have something to say?" She asked.

I cocked up my brows. As if! What did it differentiate what a 'faltu chele' commented. That too after the decision was made.

"no, maa was asking!" She answered my un-mouthed question.

I inhaled sharply and shook my head in negation. "nothing! Best of luck!"

"nothing?" She repeated.

"nope! Go wherever you want! Who am I to say anything!" I shrugged mumbling.

She kept standing there for some seconds, pinning my eyes on book I could see her floral frock, swinging with wind. And then she was gone with a little "okay!"

And she was gone with that too, leaving Kolkata...to far Karshiang...