Part 29

"Really???" I squeezed her shoulder tightening my jaw.

"What's wrong with you? She shrike.

Ask me to rip off his head Pulu please! I wanted say. But all I hissed, "what is between you and Ratul?"

Her furious breaths hitched with a studiously gasp. And her eyes stretched up. She hang her head but then looked up with a smirk on her face.

"Say!" I jerked her frowning.

"ask your relatives. The will give a satisfactory delineation to you." She mumbled and walked out of the room jerking my hands off.

"you kissed him?" I screamed following her out so loud that Maa rushed out from the room and Baba jumped up on the couch. I saw with my paining eyes- Pulu looked at me with an expression I didn't understand.

"Why are you shouting now?" Baba howled.

"She is having an affair!" I screamed again.

"yes, ask them. They'll answer you properly!" I heard Pulu said in a cold voice.

"Butu go to your room!" Maa said.

They knew?

"you guys knew?" I asked flabbergasted.

"Your whole clan knew." My wife chuckled kinda and crossed her arms over her chest. "So, its time now I should just be thrown out! Isn't it? Then why were you pretending man! Say it straightly na, like your aunty did. Just ask me fuck off. Like the dirty thing I am. Have eaten my parents and now ruining your life..." She started hiccupping as tears started to choke her voice.

What the fuck was going on!!!

"Pulu. Just shut up or I will slap you hard now. You are not going talk to us like that!" I heard my mother.

"Jhum said all for your good Pulu... Why the hell you took it wrongly?" Baba said. And I was numb having no fucking idea about the thing going on before my eyes.

"she trashed on me, even dared to talk about my mother's character and I cant talk about it! You don't own me okay! That I will do what only you want... And... An... These all were for my good! She didn't even ask me once, Baba. For once what actually happened?" Pulu was crying furiously. "Neither you did Mamoni!" She said to my mother. My parents kept mum. And she continued howling. "You people are my family. My parents! But you didn't even care to know how I felt when that prick forced himself on me..."

"Jhum saw it herself Pulu. And we just wanted to make you understand what's good for you..." Baba said. My wife sighed profusely looking at my father.

"Butu go to your room." I heard my mother. I looked at her and she didn't looked at my eyes but pushed me inside the room. I realized that like a hypnotised human I dragged myself inside my room and drop my exhausted body on the bed.

My sleep got broken due to profound sweat. I stirred up on the bed, it was load shedding and the sealing fan had stopped driving the suffocating warmth of mid April off.

I wiped off my face and walked out of my room for bathroom.

I stopped at the middle of the way to my room as I noticed Pulu's room's door open. My mind tried its best but I wheeled at the door as if hypnotised.

She wasn't at the bed but at the widow slap. Her eyes closed, head leaning on the iron grill. Her face was swollen adorned by those dry line of tears. My wife looked as if she was been through some kind of war.

I turned to walk out but her voice stopped me.

"Butu dada! You really think na, I am cheating on you?" She asked me.

I wanted to scream those soothing words my heart was asking me to say. But all I mumbled was,

"I am tired Pulu. Lets not fight now"

I walked out. She kept mum.

Pulu was sent to her uncle's house that morning. I didn't stopped but saw her whooshing away in our car...