Part 19

A jam like ice. One full pack of smoke even failed to help me. Even after sitting before the porn site for hours and going through each, my face remained like a tea soaked biscuit.

"Hmmmmm!" After listening my all Mahabharata Sumo said this. Only this and fuffed out some smoke of his burning gold-flake. I gawked at his face with my usual vomiting expression. "Sob e maya! (everything is illusion!)" he said.

"huh?" I asked stupidly. And he looked at me with a serious face.

"she is right, you should concentrate  in studies!"

"as if!" I made a face. Unlikely to those movies and stories 's character I can't concentrate on study to distract my mind. Huh! Bloody nonsense! I really doubt if those theories actually work. "I can't...concentrate!" I mumbled but Sumedh ignored me completely.

"I never said it before Ani, I don't know... I don't like that boy... What's his name... Ummm R... Ratul! Ratul!" He mouthed gazing out of the window of my room. He came over. And we were scattered on my bed with some cigarettes accompanying. "I don't like his eyes..."

"girl used to love his eyes I remember, they are like cat...!" I added almost cutting him.

"Dhur shala (Shut up, what are you idiot!)! I am not talking about colour of his eyeballs" he flinched scowling at me. "his... Gaze... Shrewd! I hope Pulu is fine!"

My mouth touched the ground floor of hell.

"Pulu is a really good girl, and I really think she loves you!" Sumedh continued his monologue.

No no, she loved her Ratulda. Like anything. He had not... No... No!

For a now I really wanted Ratul to be good at her. I didn't want her to see his any bad side. No. She should be fine, her Ratulda couldn't do anything wrong. Yes!. I knew Ratul. Right, he wouldn't have done anything. He could not stoop that low! Would he? Did he?

***

"What do mean. Pulu is not coming?" I spread my hands in shock. Maa shrugged.

My cousin sister Rini di was getting married. We all, ofcourse all of us were invited. Actually more than invited. Maa was doing almost the lion portion of the girl's mother responsibilities, as Nitu aunty, Rinidi's maa was not able to all this rushfull activities.

And here my wife was ditching this marriage.

"How come she made the decision all her own? Baccha meye ekta (she is a little girl only)!!!" I said.

"She said she doesn't want to involve" Maa said casually.

"What the...!" I rushed to my room...

***

"Are you sure? This is Karshiyaang girls hostel?" I asked the auto driver again.

"Are you sure you are human?" The driver glared at me with a 'PK hai ke?' expression.

I shook my head and turned at the hostel building once again. This one??? It looks like some western church, with a huge campus. My school was good with hell lot of trees, nothing so polished and peaceful. Another perk of being girl on whom those British were soft hearted thus made this almost palace alike schools for 'princess'. I huffed and walked inside.

"Poulee Chatterjee?" The matron looked at me over her specs.

I nodded, "Yes, I am Anindya Chatterjee. Her husband...ummm!" Her face took up a horrible expression. I shrugged.

"You are the one? Who called that day?" She encountered.

"No mam! I don't call people. None. Ever! I don't even call my maa... Calling causes !heart attack of little birds. And I am a would be doctor, so... Y'see" I said. I don't know if she was convinced. She gawked at me as if I have asked for her for marriage. And would punch me anytime. She has a big size figure "Err... I actually here to take her... Actually my sister is getting married so she needs a leave" I gulped imagining the punch and something more from this woman. "can you enlighten me with the procedure please???"

I don't know what she thought of me, she took a head to toe glance of mine with 'Highly suspicious' expression. I don't know if she had linked me with global terrorism.

*

"You are in here!!!" Poulee Chatterjee gasped looking at me.

I smirked "you didn't miss a thing!"

"Stop smirking. What are you doing here?" She said quite poignantly with a dirty face. I took a glance of her. She had grown up so tall, along with her hair, which were tide in a long ponytail.

"I wanted to see you Pulu!" I wanted to touch her, but, that matron was glaring at us.

"Really???" She crossed her hands over her chest.

Her sarcastic tone panged inside me. "What so shocking?" I frowned.

She didn't answer but looked at me for sometimes.

"Okay! Poulee pack yourself. You are set to return home." The matron announced. Outstanding timing! Poulee obviously looked at me with a nasty glance.

"I so knew it! This is it!" She made a face yelling in disgust as if betrayed.

"Pulu!" I mumbled. But she was not in mood to hear.

"why can't you guys talk straight thing? Why everything have to be veiled with hypocrisy. If you were here to drag me, you could have said it clearly!" Her face was red like a fireball though tear strains rolled down from her eyes. "I thought you are different, but no... You guys have no guts... Lie! lie! lie!" She howled. And I have no idea what she was talking about. I gulped as I felt my mouth was dry as it was open widely. I looked at the matron. She seemed sure with the thought of me being someone cryptic.

"Come with me!" I gripped her hand.

She jerked her hand away. "I am not coming anywhere with you Anindya Chatterjee, get it clear."

"you know what, walk with me for only five minutes... I swear if you don't want to come after that with me, it's totally okay!" I smiled.

"no!" She shook her head.

"five minutes. Trust me!" I appealed. Her tears drenched eyelashes swang up. "come" I hold her hand tightly...